Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Standard time transition. Give it a week or two and you'll be waking up a o' dark thirty instead of o'ridiculous thirty. lol.

2. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

have you considered moving to a time zone where waking up at this time coincides with dawn.
    If the mountain......

3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Lol. You know, I never thought of it that way!

4. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I hate it when I can't sleep! If I can't have my sleep, just kill me now.

5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I hate working retail. I'm over the calling in sick call that goes "I'm sick. I've been throwing up. I think I ate something funny" and the reply being "Well, I don't know if I can cover you..."

Well, too bad. I'm going to the doctors. I'm getting a sick certificate. Cover me. I'm not coming in.

Related whine: Pretty sure the chicken schnitzels I ate were off. Thus sickness. Not happy.

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Still not over change due to daylight savings time. What a havoc it wrecks@!

7. chachachacat

IKEA on a Saturday! ACK! They moved the children's dept. upstairs without telling me!! I had to walk ALL over the downstairs, then all over the upstairs, then back all over the downstairs! All this to get my great niece's Xmas gifts as planned out by her mother! ARrrrrggghhh!

8. pygmalion

I cannot stand the layout of IKEA. I haven't been able to find a way to get in and get out quickly, ever, no matter how simple my errand there is. There is always walking in circles involved. *sigh*

9. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

In an effort of doing Holiday Class comp entry form, my crazy printer Cannon MX 892 kept giving me an error message - Cassette Error, no paper, please load paper and press ok", god damn, there is plenty of papers on cassette, I removed paper, and put it back, turned it off and turned it back on, still the same message!!! This isn't the first time printing or scanning problem happening and it is way past return date! anyway, even it is still within return window, I don't know which model to exchange for, if you read customer reviews on google for various printers, lots of home ink jet printers have serious printing errors, many negative reviews from customers:(

Some instructors are so lucky got pro-am students work in office, so usually office printers are all faster gigantic laser printer, cost a few times more than home printers, faster, and office usually have technique support department to handle any printing problem! For the rest of us who must struggle with this printing at home, just becomes increasingly frustrating!

I just can't can't stand dealing with printing and faxing anymore! Arhhhh! hate paper registration!

10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Not sure where else to post this, and it may well get deleted, but I saw this status on FB recently and it made my blood boil. Names/locations changed, but if you're local then you probably know who it is:

JerkFBposter
    Dj'ing the XXX university ballroom dance competition.
    • FBuser1 and 6 others like this.
    • FBuser1 How do those Newcomers look?
    • JerkFBposter like newcomers attempting silver figures. Haha
    Now, JerkFBposter is DJing the event and is an instructor at a studio in the area. How rude, unprofessional, and inappropriate is this type of comment?!? :mad:

11. pygmalion

Good grief! That's nasty. Haven't we all been newcomers at some point? Sheesh.

12. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I always feel like a rat entering a maze with the hope that they haven't moved or hidden my cheese.

13. chachachacat

They moved my cheese! I used to sneak into the ground floor, grab my kitchen stuff, and go. Haven't had to go to the upstairs maze in ages.

14. chachachacat

And, truth be told, I got all teary seeing the nicely furnished rooms, and the couples picking out stuff together. I do not have the life I envisioned.
    I don't need glamour or giant house, just the ability to decorate and furnish to my taste would make me so happy. I've waited for that all my life and never got it.

15. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

There's a management book called something like "Who Moved My Cheese!" that our CEO had required us all to read at my present job. It's mainly about being able to adapt to changing conditions. A copy machine I needed to use for medical benefits claims is located right next to a primary conference room. Some partitioning had just been installed and I was encountering them for the first time while our CEO was in a meeting. I just barely resisted crying out, "Who moved my cheese?"

At the IKEA maze by the 405, I haven't figured out yet how to bypass the upper level to get down to the lower level for the cookware I'm usually interested in. Though I did get my bedroom cabinets from the upper level.

I know that we met once years ago at Danscene and I even just barely remember you.

16. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Upcoming event with some foreshadowing.

My adult son is having a family get-together this Wednesday. The down-side is that my evil ex will be there. The fore-shadowing is that he's planning on proposing to his girl-friend (a very nice girl and, I feel, a good choice on his part), which of course will lead to the situation of a wedding with my evil ex in attendance and all the questions of protocols for divorcé parents.

Comical example. Last year, a friend invited us to view her sons' graduation from a film school in which the students' films were shown. One student's hilarious film was based on an old gynecology joke his father had once told him and which was apparently protested by his mother. So he directed his gaze down to the near-by rows to thank his mother and up to the balcony to thank his father.

17. chachachacat

I remember you, but then you have always had your picture as your avatar, or we would never have met. : )

18. pygmalion

,*sigh* I hear you.

19. pygmalion

I've managed to avoid seeing the EE for almost three years. go me! *grin*

20. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Surely there is a clever person who can create an Ikea Sat-Nav style smartphone app for ikea stores that will lead you to the gronk orsklipt or the other nice thing you want.

The app would be called som flyttade min ost?(who moved my cheese?)

chachachacat likes this.