Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

See, and I LOVE the ikea layout. I like the path, and getting to see stuff. I don't generally have problems finding shortcuts, so on the rare occasion I'm in a hurry I can just skip ahead. But I like the wandering path on the floor!

2. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

A friend emails me a wishlist of tango music; most of which i don't have and says can I download it for her..WTF! er no; you have a PC and an internet connection, do it yourself.

3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Post-exam weigh in...only 77.5kg. Could have been a lot worse, all things considered.

Back on the weightloss track.

4. Lioness

Worst shift ever.

Problem customer one: Stupidest [witch] ever. Promotion tag says 2 [brand] 60g bars for $3. She's picking bars up from all over the chocolate section, demanding to know whether each one is included. When each one inevitably isn't, she whines, and complains that it's all too hard, and that she'd never have this problem in a supermarket. Well guess what, love? The supermarket's shut, which is why you're here. And if you read the sign, and stopped picking up 90g [competitor] bars, then everything would be fine! You can't just expect things to be on sale when they don't have a promotion ticket in front of them.

Problem customer two: Drunk. Wants to know where Grey street is, and picks up a street directory. Rips street directory in the process. Asks me where Grey street is. No suburb, just Grey street. I don't bloody know. Go away.

Problem customer three: Her boyfriend sends her in to pay for his petrol. I'm making coffee. She says he's done, and leaves the money on the counter. Then she just walks out. I look at the computer...he's put $50 in...she's paid $30. Great. Complicated paperwork.

Problem customer all: Everyone and their dog rocking up at 11.50pm, when I simultaneously have to count and close both tills, and do the settlements. And also wanting coffee at the same time.

Too stressful.

5. Peaches

Interview tomorrow. First stage of nerves going on: whining. I don't wanna do an interview tomorrow. I don't wanna get all dressed up. Don't wanna don't wanna don't wanna!

6. Peaches

Also: DH cooked shrimp for himself this evening. The house reeks. It was all I could do not to gag as soon as I walked in the door. Outside temps be damned, the house is getting seriously aired out tomorrow. Ick ick ICK!

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

At least you get to wear your fancy, new, more expensive, perfectly fitting, very flattering suit. :)

8. bordertangoman

you need to see a shrimp, I mean shrink ;)

9. Lioness

Come home at 11pm. It's roughly maybe 18C outside. Housemate has the aircon on.

It's too cold for this! She doesn't even have it on a timer, which means that it would have just gone on all night.

What a ridiculous waste of electricity.

10. Peaches

Feeling vaguely ill now.

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

dh and I have bought caught a cold and this is a perfectly horrid time to be sick b/c we are swamped with things to do

12. bordertangoman

I downlaoded some free software to copy a dance film recorded from TV - originally on VHS then copied over to DVD...but its a limited version and doesnt do what I want plus a few glitches of its own; the second attempt the sound fails, and its limited to 5 minute cilps....then
    a memory stick doesnt read on my mac. anyone had this? do memory sticks stop working on macs if they are used with a PC?

have bit the bullet and paid for the software package....

13. bordertangoman

okay how do I find my signature to change it; Its going to be this:

“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”
    Rumi

COPYRIGHT BTM:mad:

14. Peaches

Have been awake since 6am when my brother called. Normally I wouldn't have answered, but his wife is super-preggers (as in, due the 27th) so I thought it could be News. Nope.

Grumblecakes.

15. fascination

btm....click right above your avatar...you should get a drop down of options just below your avatar...once of which is sig

16. bordertangoman

doesnt work in chrome or explorer; i just get the usual cut paste sort of stuff but no dropdown menu..if I left click I get a profile but no options to change it..

17. fascination

hmmm...I just have to hover above my avatar....can you report this in either staff msgs or in the new software thread so that admin sees it?

18. Lioness

It's been reported in the forum software thread. Most users don't have the option. Mods do. For some reason (IIRC), a test-user did have the option there.

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Non-admins, non-mods, do not have the ability to add or modify their signature....or rather, still haven't heard a non-admin/non-mod user report they have access to it. It's been reported multiple times in the software thread...with a link provided insturcting how to change the permissions to fix the problem. No response or change, as yet.

20. fascination

working on it