Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Caught a cold from a rugrat at Thanksgiving who kept touching me and saying "you're it." Thanks, kid, for ruining my weekend.

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

ditto this:(

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I got mine from dh and it has turned into some sort of full blown SARS

4. Mr 4 styles

bummer fasc:(

rub some dirt on it.............. kidding of course ;) anatomically difficult

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Be careful. Our visiting coach has been dealing with bronchitis since October. He took a couple of days off, then he put in a bunch of work running a comp and he had a relapse. He told me this week that he's just now getting better.

6. fascination

yes...I am afraid that this has morphed into something serious for having neglected it...but there was really no helping it because everyone else was sick and thanksgiving and my nephew's birthday had to happen...plus I teach fitness...and no one was going to sub for me over the holidays....I can work through alot ...but the inability to breathe is getting to be a source of significant consternation which was also exacerbated by this huge fir tree falling down in the middle of the living room in addition to moving furniture to make room for new couch and bed and prepping for what I thought was going to be a visit from grandchild... so I have over-exposed myself to dust, pollen and pet dander....and now...simply can't function....very upset as I want to go to the kriskrindel market tomorrow and that isn't happening, and I would like to get a few lessons in next week since I took two weeks off....grumblecakes...I don't have time for this crap

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

This crap = taking down time to take care of yourself? Please take the time. (My own hypocrisy is duly noted, and the reason why I urge you to not be like me. Stuff escalates.)

Purr likes this.
  8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Not sure which is worse: that my wonderfully enjoyable train nap (complete with verrrry nice dream *ahem*) was repeatedly interrupted, or the fact that I would wake ip Nd have "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Tony Bennett going through my head n

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Major, major whine...been ill since Monday 11/19...wide variety of changing symptoms...finally made it to doctor Tuesday 11/27...doctor diagnosed sinus infection, but infection may also be in my lungs...doctor prescribed 10 days of a strong antiobiotic that came with two pages of warning labels...antiobiotic is used to treat pneumonia, acute sinus infection, bronchitis, and...get this...inhalational anthrax and plague...doctor did say it should take care of anything I might have...feeling slightly better today...at least I can breathe ok...going to be many days before I'm completely better

Anyone else who's been sick has my sympathy...and a word of advice...don't wait too long like I did to go to the doctor...get help as quickly as possible...

10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

This, exactly.

11. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

the latter i would think...

12. fascination

thing is...I haven't really been to the doctor other than ob/gyn, in .....over 8 years....I am not even sure if he is still at that location.....obviously if I feel this crappy next week, I will have no choice but to do something, but I truly have no idea or not whether I still even have a doctor...and I only had him prior to that because of that sudden cardiac issue that I had and dh's Dr. was unavailable and this guy was his partner.....so....we shall see...

Purr; am glad you are on the road to health

13. raindance

raindance Active Member

There are walk in and 24 hour urgent care clinics everywhere these days, and they are there for just this sort of thing. So if you don't have a regular doctor, there are lots of other options. Sounds like it is past time, from what you write here. Hope you feel better soon.

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Thank you, but as I said before, I waited way, way too long to go to the doctor for help. It will be many days before I've recovered. In the meanwhile, I won't be doing any fun actvities, including ballroom dancing, because I don't have the stregnth and I get short of breath very easily.

Get to the doctor or a 24 hour urgent care.

15. chachachacat

I have been sleeping since Thanksgiving, pretty much all the time, and I am still sick!!! This bug is more than a cold.

16. chachachacat

And - double whine- I have no one to take care of me. Got soup on the weekend, nothing since. Not even a glass of water or a poor baby! BF totally fails at this.

17. fascination

I feel your pain....

18. chachachacat

Thank you, F, and I hope you feel better soon.

19. Mr 4 styles

watch out that your "cold" isnt adult croup which is on the resurgence had this and its bad

20. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

My cell phone rang in the middle of our lesson... it was the alarm system, calling with a water alarm in the utility room. I debated about going home to check it, since that alarm has gone off before because of corrosion on the sensors, and since it isn't the time of year when the A/C is running, the drip pans should not have been overflowing or anything like that. But there is a water heater and lots of plumbing in there, and if it were to burst, it could flood the rec room. So I went home and found... nothing. Lesson ruined. Grumble grumble.