Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Went to a gym class today...instructor was out of time, clearly unfit, and didn't participate in any of the steps she was teaching. Surely a knowledge of how to squat and lunge are basic prerequisites for teaching a weights class...
  2. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Waking up at 5am makes me want to hurt people.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am usually an early riser, but I find it particularly offensive on saturdays...
  4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I will have to remember to never be around you if you have to wake up at 5am.
    j_alexandra likes this.
  5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Or just come bearing coffee. Also an acceptable option.
  6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

See? There's a reason why I'm such a [w]itch in the morning!
  7. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Still sick :( ... voice is all funky now, neck hurt last night. 9th day now - too late to go to doctor??
  8. fascination

10th day was a charm for me...feeling almost 30% better
  9. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

"Hurl purple"? Oh, "hurt people". Must ask optometrist for new prescription. (On the other hand, I could totally understand if waking up at 5am made you want to hurl purple . . . .)
    samina likes this.
  10. Lioness

I'm so over sites that don't ship to Australia! We're people too! All I want is an awesome Walking Dead shirt for BF's Christmas pressie, but the only place in Australia that sells it wants me to pay $37.00. Don't bloody think so. Grump.
  11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

This, of course, begs the question, hurl purple what? Quite a scary thought, if I must say so.
  12. Lioness

Today I have learnt that eating half a bag of grapes just before a solo 9hr shift does not make for a fun night.
  13. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Heat lists for Holiday Classic are up and I have 20 rhythm heats in a row (including 10 open rhythm heats)!!! Hope they have the paramedics handy.
  14. fascination

lol.
    ...not laughing at you but....lol
  15. fascination

you can do that
  16. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Yes, I know, but thanks (really!) for the support. Good thing Vegas is 4000 feet lower in altitude than here!
  17. fascination

and you are fit..it will be fine...enjoy
  18. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I got the same thing with a woddworking tool that's only made in the US. the retailers couldn't ship it out to the Uk.
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It's because Australia is entirely peopled with criminals.
    Lioness and samina like this.
  20. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I hate people.

What is it with supposed adults having about the maturity and sense of personal responsibility as...I dunno...a duck? Why don't people do the work they're supposed to do (getting paid--well!--to do), in a timely manner? Or without other people having to ride them and manage them like children? Why don't people actually respond to emails, or have the decency to use such tools as out-of-office reminders?

I mean, honestly! Be an adult. Take responsibility for your job and your actions. Realize that what you do (or do not do) affects other people, and has an effect on their ability to do their own jobs. And it bloody well WASTES FREAKIN' TIME! I don't have the time to waste. It's not that I'm inefficient--I've actually made great progress on making my projects as plug-and-play as possible--it's that I'm running three full-time studies, plus working on three side projects, plus writing an article, plus volunteering for something else. And that's without adding "micromanaging coworkers who are, ostensibly, equals" to the mix. ARGH!!!