Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Maybe I just need to learn to service my car...

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

If it's not corded, it's still safe to drive on, unless it rains, in which case it's not safe.

3. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

especially not safe, if its on the front wheels, which it probably is. My garage generally put new tyres on the front and swaps old ones to the back.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

a puncture can be repaired without having to get a whole new tire.....and for considerably less money...as to needing service, well...it depends upon what kind of service you need......and regarding tread, i have no idea...I know that I have travelled on tires that are well past their usefulness in terms of tread....obviously the issue is traction when weather is bad. etc...not ideal but I have done it....certainly not recommending it....as for air pressure, i have had to travel long distances by neccessity with low air in a tire...sigh...i am sorry you are having to make such difficult decisions please do be safe...I vote for family and friends having to understand that you don't have money...and getting your car fixed and prescription taken care of ...I would be horrified to get a gift from my kid while they were in a dangerous car and needed to have their glasses fixed

5. Lioness

Just had a look at the tyres...I probably only need one more for the front...then I can put the others on the back and keep the bad one as a spare.

6. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

That happened to me a few years ago, and since the tire was still under warranty, and the puncture couldn't be repaired, they replaced the tire at no charge. (No charge for the tire, that is; they charged a modest amount for labor.)

7. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

It's the ignitor gone bad. new one is on order. Hope it gets in soon...just got back from a comp and the dirty clothes are piled up!

8. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Oh, and happy thought - President Obama has nominated my name to the Senate for confirmation to the rank of Major General (2 Star.)

JudeMorrigan, Lioness and cornutt like this.
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Wow! Congratulations. That's quite an accomplishment!

10. cornutt

Damn, I think I'm coming down with the flu. I noticed about mid-morning that my throat was feeling a bit scratchy, but I figured it was just the dry air. When I got home, it was worse, so I figured it was allergies and I took a Claritin. About an hour ago I started feeling fatigued, and I blamed it on not sleeping well last night. But now I have body aches. :rolleyes:

Damn damn. I have too much to do to be sick. ANd it's been at least ten years since I've had the flu. Why now? Damn damn.

11. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Presumably he thinks you're the very model . . . .

(Congratulations.)

chachachacat and j_alexandra like this.
  12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Murphy's law, probably. Please delegate as much as you can and try to get some rest. You'll probably recover a lot quicker that way.

Take care. *hug*

cornutt likes this.
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Already seeing a bunch of statuses about 12/12/12 and how it "only happens once every thousand years!" ::facepalm::

j_alexandra and JudeMorrigan like this.
  14. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Congratulations! That's fantastic, ma'am.

15. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

yep you got it!!!

16. cornutt

Actually, I went to the doc to day and flu and strep tests came back negative. (Annoyance test came back positive -- two-hour wait, and I had to fill out a new set of forms because they are putting in a new records system.) Diagnosis: upper respiratory infection. Steroid shot, antibiotics, and codeine-spiked cough syrup. I actually felt better this morning, but in the afternoon the body aches came back, and the throat is still sore.

Ran by the office and had someone bring out my laptop, since it looks like I'm going to be working for home for a few days (assuming I feel better tomorrow). A co-worker is undergoing chemo for cancer, and I don't want to expose her to what I have.

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

On behalf of your coworker, cornutt, thank you so much for staying home. When you're dealing with cancer, those kindnesses make so much difference.

cornutt likes this.
  18. cornutt

Somehow I wound up replying to another thread, so if you didn't see that already, congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment! BTW... do you ever have occasion to come to Redstone Arsenal?

19. Lioness

Our house has a skipped chore jar...housemate is moving out, and suddenly all of the money is missing from the jar.

Not terribly happy.

20. cornutt

Sounds like it's time to gather up a few large friends and go pay him a visit.