Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Hate being tired and without any energy...and therefore bored alone in a hotel room. Sigh.

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

the influenza test is not that reliable as not all strains are accounted for

lmao the holy trifecta for ihavenoideawhatyouhaveitis

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

watch a good movie

4. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I fell on street yesterday and got hurt:( today we are supposed to do a showcase, those people invited us confirmed many times before and paid us in advance, such bad luck now I cannot even lift my right arm. This is horrible, why this must happen right before the show?

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear, SD...

Is there another couple that can substitute for you?

6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I really don't prefer to have other pro couples to substitute us, I arranged DP's best pro-am lady to replace me for tonight. She is experienced, competes often and does show often with him, already have her own show routines, just need a final rehearsal, she has nice dresses and always in the mood for showing off her dancing skill.

samina likes this.
  7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good solution considering the circumstances, SD. Hope you feel better soon...

8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

It's a she...and it turns out she was lying about a whole bunch of things, including stealing lightbulbs and having a bar fridge in her room.

9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Lovely. I had a roommate in college who moved out without telling me he was going to do so. I found out at the end of the month that he had been making international calls on our phone and I had a phone bill of hundreds of dollars. I rounded up everything that he had not moved out yet, including his music collection and stereo equipment, and sold it all to pay the phone bill.

Joe likes this.
  10. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

This exhausted-but-unable-to-sleep thing is getting annoying. Really effing annoying.

And no, it's not DMD. I haven't had any of that in over a week, and I haven't had much more than maybe one cup of coffee with breakfast. Have been active, or at least more than usual. Could be alcohol interfering, but it doesn't correlate to when I've had it versus when I haven't.

Grumblecakes.

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Alcohol and caffeine can both have unpredictable effects on sleep. And I say this from the perspective of a big fan of both. :D It can be hard to find a balance that allows you to indulge a little but still get a decent night's sleep.

Being in unfamiliar surroundings can also have an impact.

12. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

finish the day with half an hour or more reading Terry Pratchett;

zat is vot Herr Doktor Tangoman prescribes.

13. Lioness

This family breeds too much. We currently have 5 babies under 5, including two 18 month olds, a 3 month, and a 3 and a 4 year old.

Then there's an 11 year old as well. And it's hot.

14. Lioness

Also how did BF and I spend $200 on presents for the family. I don't even have $200...

15. pygmalion

I think a lot of families go through that. My first six nieces of nephews were born within a span of five years. (Heck. The first three of them were born within sixteen months of each other.) For those five years, it was babies everywhere! *shudder* Then it quieted down.

16. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I'm breaking in a new pair of shoes. Even though I've danced in them for a grand total of one hour (spread over two nights, at that), my ankles are already pretty much gigantic blisters. This is actually perfectly normal and routine for me. By the time the new year rolls around, I expect I'll be able to dance in them pretty much indefinitely without issues, but egads, I hate the breaking in process.

17. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

how very Hopperesque ;)

18. Lioness

I need to buy new tyres for my car. It's currently Saturday, and I'm about to go to work for the whole day, 8am-5pm.

Naturally, no tyre stores are open on Sundays, and so I'm going to have to go around on Christmas Eve...

19. Lioness

Totally not happy with BF...he was drinking with housemate last night (Christmas Eve), while I went to bed early. Now it's 5am, I'm up for work, and not only has he not come to bed, but he's not even in the house. He's not answering his phone, but at least all the cars are here.

I don't know how he got so drunk that he went on a walk and got lost, when we're going on a 3hr drive today, to meet my family for a Christmas lunch. Hungover BF is going to make a great impression.

Contemplating driving around the neighbourhood trying to find them.

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am very sorry to hear this...I dearly hope he is okay

21. pygmalion

BF gone walkabout on Christmas = very good reason to whine, IMO. *sigh*

Whine: The Chinese food take-out place is closed today. Part of me applauds their taking a day to spend with friends and family. The other 97% of me is hungry.