Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

LLMMAOOOOOOO umm sorry go get a burger..

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Stinker!

I got Subway, just in the nick of time apparently. They close at 6:00.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Well, he's fine.

He got way too drunk, went for a walk, disturbed someone's garden at 5am, and got arrested.

He had a BAC of 0.18, and now he has a curfew time and a court hearing in March.

What an idiot. I love him, and everyone makes stupid drunk mistakes, but what a mistake to make.

4. pygmalion

Public intoxication?

5. pygmalion

Work is opening two hours late. Would be yay, except the driveways in my development are a solid sheet of ice. I can see the highway, but I can't get my car off the sheet of ice it's parked on. *sigh*

6. pygmalion

Grumble. The Windows phone i got DS for Christmas on sale for only $199 is now on sale, the day after Christmas, for $99. TDNMWH.

7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Lots of places have a 14-day return window. Can you return it, then re-buy it? (Or just argue with the salespeople to let you have it cheaper?)

8. pygmalion

I can certainly try.

9. Lioness

Along with trespass, and a whole other bunch of things. Apparently he was in someone's backyard, and didn't realise.

He is no longer drinking, now, and I'm doing something similar to support him. We're hoping he'll get off a little leniently, seeing as it's his first offence, and a relatively minor one.

10. pygmalion

Wow. That's a lot. *sigh* I wish him the best of luck in navigating the court system.

11. Lioness

I hope everything works out ok.

Apple Whine. BF's mum gave us her old iPod touch. Awesome, right? Awesome!

BUT it's a 2nd gen iPod, and so Apple doesn't support iOS updates past 4.2.1, or something like that.
    Big surprise...most of the apps I want to download, so that I can integrate exercise and music, etc., requite at least iOS 4.3. Grumble whine. Guess I'll just use my crappy little 200MB-of-storage-space Android until it's time for a phone upgrade.

12. pygmalion

We Moms can be clueless when it comes to technology. *sigh*

When DS and I were shopping for our new phones, he picked an HTC something or the other Windows phone. Cute and cutting edge. then he suggested a phone for me. "Mom. You should get this one. It has a beginner/training mode that would be perfect for you." Sad thing? I got it the phone with the training mode. Hey. I know my limitations. :oops:

13. Lioness

Going through the pots and pans cupboard...find what I think is an old electric frypan/deep fryer...still filled with solidified fat.

Ew.

BF and his housemates have only lived in this house for 2 years...how did all of this gross stuff get there.

14. Peaches

Don't wanna go back to work tomorrow. Turns out I only worked 7 days during December, and out if that only 4 were in the office. I've gotten used to this. And I never did get around to canning more chili and soup.

15. pygmalion

Agreed. I think that having Christmas and New Years in the middle of the week is just wrong. Yes. I realize that dates fall whenever they fall. But seriously. New Years Day on a Tuesday = two Mondays in a week. Sux. And 2013 is going to be even worse. In 2012, at least Christmas Eve and Christmas were both designated holidays. In 2013, only Christmas Day is a holiday. Seriously. I'm supposed to go to work on the 23,24, 26 and 27? And then again on the 30,31,2 and 3? And the only alternative is saving up monstrous number of vacation days for use during the last couple weeks of the year. Like that's going to happen. You've gotta be kidding me.

16. Peaches

I don't mind when the holiday is on Tuesday or Thursday, because it's easy enough to turn that into a long weekend. Four days off for the price of one day's leave is a trade I'm willing to make. Wednesdays, though...they just stink.

17. pygmalion

Amen sister. And, since I work in a group where there always has to be at least a skeleton crew, I very craftily scheduled the 23rd, 24th, 26th and 27th of December 2013 off. Today. Pssh. Gotta stake out my territory. Worse comes to worse, I'll run out of vacation days and take the time without pay, but I am NOT going to work on Christmas Eve. Full stop.

Purr likes this.
  18. Peaches

Good for you! :)

19. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

We had two packages disappear/get stolen from our doorstep. :mad: We pay a LOT to live in this borderline neighborhood, and we aren't even close to the beach.

20. pygmalion

I've had that happen. It stinks.

Whine: I went to Kroger today specifically looking for the "jumbo navel oranges" that are on sale 3/$1. Usually $1.25 each. Today, 3/$1. Problem: They were sold out. Not a single orange in the store.