Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

could you get a raincheck?

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

When I asked, the manager told me there'll be another produce delivery tomorrow. Tomorrow's the last day of the sale, so I can get a raincheck tomorrow, if there are still no oranges in stock. Too bad I have to drive miles out of my way to get back to Kroger. *grumble*

I really just want the oranges. If they weren't on sale. I would have bought them full price. DS has two for breakfast every morning and I'm on a new eating plan that involves a lot of fruit. Almost a dollar per orange savings is nothing to sneeze at, especially when you consider how long oranges will keep in the fridge without rotting. But, at this point, I just want enough oranges for breakfast and snacks this week.

Guess I'm headed back over to Kroger tomorrow. *sigh*

3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

OMG, all I want to do is collapse into bed and fall asleep. I made and canned chilli, made chicken stock, made chicken salad, packed lunches, steamed green beans, roasted carrots and parsnips, and am now canning chicken soup. I could fall asleep standing up at this point...but I can't...7 minutes left of pressure canning.

Oh, and on account of the ridiculous amount of dish washing I did, and the amount of time spend with my hands in hot water, the skin on my hands is horrifically dry, and red, and itchy, and irritated. Gah.

I just want to get in bed, put lots of lotion on, and go to sleep.

4. Peaches

Argh. Fell asleep before 9pm. Woke up at 12:30 because I was thirsty. It's been an hour and a half and I still can't fall asleep again. Gotta get up for work in just over two hours.

Today is going to stink so unbelievably hard.

5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Creeps on this petty pace..yes I am back at "work"

feeling totally anticlimaxxed by Christmas.....

6. Peaches

Argh. Freakin' sample issues at work. Unforseen, and not anyone's fault at all, but another hassle to deal with. And I really wish my math-stat would just make a decision about the best way to handle this. Yeah, I get that there are lots of possibilities, but she's the one with the statistical expertise, which is why we economists rely on the math-stats to design appropriate samples. So long as it is statistically valid, I don't much care...I just need to move on this quickly!

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

space bar on my new computer is a piece of s***......so annoying

8. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Dreamed I was back working at a dance studio, very booked up but not knowing what was going on. Big group class wandering around, could not herd them to start class. Frustrating.

9. bordertangoman

ask for it to be changed; it could be a faulty keyboard..

10. bordertangoman

i know that kind of dream..last night i was trying to get across a road with vintage vehicles - buses, fire engines etc - everywhere, they were going slowly but everywhere...and then the roads turned into coloured plastic, all wobbly like a bouncy castle.....

and no I do not do drugs

11. Peaches

;)

Picture yourself on a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

dancelvr and j_alexandra like this.
  12. Peaches

Whine: I hate being female. I've hated the fact I was born a girl for as long as I can remember, and not much has changed in the intervening years.

I hate the fact that, for no good reason other than being female: I go on vacation (a cruise, no less) where I don't watch what I eat and drink, and come back feeling fat but not having gained more than a pound or two. Then Christmas (that mostly wasn't) and New Year, and the intervening week of vacation, of staying the same. But then, out of the blue, an additional five pounds. Out of nowhere. Gah. Nothing changes. A week of nothing changing. And then, equally out of the blue, three pounds "lost." How freakin' annoying is that?

And what the eff is that supposed to mean anyhow? OK, I get it, probably water retention or god knows what my stupid female body gets itself up to...but given that it was +5 and -3, does that mean I've actually truly gained two? WHEN I'VE BEEN SERIOUSLY WATCHING WHAT I EAT AND EXERCISING EVERY FRIGGIN DAY?! Oh HELLS no, that better not be the case. I did not drag my butt out of bed and exercise yesterday morning at 5am just so I can gain weight. I call bull[poo].

Gah. Stupid body. Stupid being female.

13. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

[quote="Peaches, post: 981056, member: 4069"
    Gah. Stupid body. Stupid being HUMAN.[/quote]

ftfy

14. Peaches

Perhaps. I still hate being female. Always have.

15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

In same place...gained 5 kilos over exams...now it's been two months, I'm still just as heavy, I've been eating better and exercising more. What gives?

Whine...over the past two days, both BF's car and other housemate's (brand new) car have rolled down our driveway. I know it's steep, and I never expected BF's car to stay there (old car, has been treated badly), but housemate's car is almost brand new, has parked on the driveway fine many times before, and shouldn't be rolling.

There's something especially sucky about having the police knock on your door at 3am, twice in a row.

16. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly...

17. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

You're gaining bone and muscle mass, which is denser than fat.

18. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Not judging by the way my clothes fit :-/

19. bordertangoman

interstingly i am working on a story where dreams become lucid and two people meet each other, excpet one is an avatar of - yes you guesed it - a White Rabbit - and there is a Villain - Lucidfer - and a wise philosopher Polyphilo, and of course the development of a brain-computer interface--
    da -dah -dah dah ( mysterious chords)
    copyright...btm...

20. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

This does not sound right to me. Next time something like that happens, you tell them you don't know when you will get back, you might be busy. If something is on sale and out of stock, you're entitled to a raincheck so you can buy it later, when the price goes back up.