Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm sure I probably could have gotten a raincheck that day, if I'd wanted. I didn't want one, though. I wanted the oranges. So when the manager promised me fruit the next day, I went back the next day. :)

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

There's what's right, and there's what is.

j_alexandra likes this.
  3. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

You just gotta push a little bit ;)

4. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Its one of those mondays I really wish I had stayed - or gone back to bed. the weather is foul; raining at 2 degrees centigrade...and i feel grotty..

5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

A spider walked up my legs and across my lower belly, while I was asleep. I have spider bites in places I cannot mention in public.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

7. j_alexandra

fourteen spider bites, at last itchy count
    ew ew ew ew ew

8. bordertangoman

some accompanying music for you

j_alexandra likes this.
  9. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Looking over the heat lists for Starz this year, it looks suspiciously like my scholarship might be uncontested. I could easily be missing an entry somewhere, but bleah. I tell you, it's a good thing I'd already decided to switch over to smooth after this comp. At least locally, that should help. Because as is, I am simply over the whole paying-pro-am-prices-for-one-or-two-couple-scholarship thing. And I'd rather not be forced to conclude that I'm just too young for pro-am to make sense for me.

10. j_alexandra

Dropped a brand new lipstick in the toilet. Yeah, I'm using that. Not. Bye-bye, $12.

11. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Sounds like the perfect gift . . . .

j_alexandra and samina like this.
  12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

What color is it...? And did you drop it into the toilet before or after your...business...was conducted? ;)

j_alexandra likes this.
  13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oh ew...buy a new tube, and I will send you the 12 bucks as an early birthday gift...gag

j_alexandra likes this.
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Ouch. I was thinking about dancing in that too, before we decided not to go.

15. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I imagine you would have been fine in your age group and styles. Don't get me wrong, it should be a fine comp. I just seem to have found myself in a somewhat odd group this year. There's a reason this was a whine rather than something I put in the thread for the comp itself.

16. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Godsdammit. I had a whole response typed out in another thread...and then with some mysterious combination of god-knows-what it all friggin' disappeared. Not.amused.

17. bordertangoman

Off with his head!

18. cornutt

They say there's a thing in the sky called the sun. I vaguely recall such a thing existing, but I've long since forgotten what it looks like.

j_alexandra and bordertangoman like this.
  19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Did you have ugly storms there recently? I think I saw some pictures on the Weather channel of downed trees and crushed stuff not too far from your neck of the woods.

20. cornutt

A few trees and power lines down in places. Nothing really serious, although last week when I was driving to work I saw where a large tree from someone's yard had fallen on their neighbor's SUV. Right now some of the low-lying areas around the Tennessee River are getting flooded, but they're used to that. Forecast is iffy for tonight -- we could get ice and snow, or just rain, if the temperature goes a couple of degrees one way or the other.