Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

And for me 7 hours just doesn't work well. It feels like the equivalent of about 4 hours to me. Granted, I've gotten used to functioning with that little but it's unpleasant. 5, 6, or 8 hours is best for me.
  2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

So I took my fourth day off in 13 months, and my first sick day. Blah.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

flu ?? cold?? evil aussie norovirus pukeage??
  4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Sigh... Because some money failed to get from point A to point B this week, we run out of money tomorrow. Which means I get to spend several days in a rubber room next week at the company offices. Well, at least I'm not being furloughed. Assuming that the money gets where it belongs by the 1st.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sorry to hear that
  7. Peaches

I don't wanna get out if bed early to exercise. Pout, stomp, clutch at blankets.
  8. wonderwoman

Stomach virus that felt like the flu but it left as fast as it came. Doesn't the flu hang around a while?

It started creeping up around 4pm, got to its worst point around midnight and really wasn't so bad the next day, but I didn't want to get elderly folks sick, so I stayed home.

And today, I drove about 2 miles (in ten minutes) and turned around because I was slipping and sliding around so much. And on brand spanking new snow tires.
  9. Mr 4 styles

that is the aussie norovirus stomach "flu"
  10. Mr 4 styles

next time take the invisible jet;)
  11. Peaches

Argh. We have a weather-related delayed opening today. Unfortunately, I was unable to go back to sleep. Grr. So I've been up since 4:15, on a day that I don't have to be in until 10...or possibly noon. Most confusing announcement ever: stay off the roads until 10, offices open at 10, open to the public at 12. So...? I got in touch with my boss, and she's convinced that we don't have to be there until noon. Um...chica? Have you read the announcement? It says 10...but don't leave your house until 10. Whatever. I'll get there when I get there (which will be a royal p.i.t.a., since I have missed the last train and will have to drive to the subway--1.75 hours one way on a good day).

Really I just want to get Artemis so I can work from home tomorrow. That's all I ask.
  12. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

eek.. my boss is trying to type a letter because his PA is off sick. I show him the template and suggest he do a 'Save As' he hasn't a clue.. then "how do I make this bold".; Select the text and click on 'B' in the tool line. "how do I select text?":eek:

FFS..you've had a computer for two years, go on a f***ing course.
    My mum who is older than you is more savvy than this...o_O

if his handwriting was half-decent he'd be better doing it by hand and photocopying it.....but i cant read his writing so I don't suppose a client could either.
  13. Peaches

Wow. I thought I'd encountered the last person like that several years ago. I didn't realize there were still people in the professional workforce who didn't know how to "Save As."
  14. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

this dinosaur has an exponential learning curve downwards. he forgets faster than he learns :(
  15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Some people don't want to learn. A few weeks ago, I accidentally discovered the (guided, free) tutorials that are available for Word 2010. I went over and told a coworker whom I know is Office challenged about the tutorials. You know what she said? "That would be useful for you, P, since you use Word a lot. But, since I rarely use it, anything I learned by taking a tutorial, I'd forget before I had a chance to use it."

Oy. That is the point of a tutorial. You use it before you forget. Sheesh! Not to mention the fact that Word has been ubiquitous in offices for 15? 20? years. Uhh. Seriously. Saying, "I don't know how to use Word," is like saying, "I am proud to be a dinosaur." Okay. Fine. Be a dinosaur if you want, but at least have the decency to be ashamed of it. lol.
  16. pygmalion

Let me tell you something, sister. Every.Single.Time something goes wrong with a few internal pieces of office software, the "tech guys" come around and help everyone start the task manager to delete the process. Every single person. Every single time. I understand why you'd need the tech guys to help you once or even twice. Everybody has to learn how once. But cntrl-alt-del? If you don't know how to cntrl-alt-del after years of working on a PC then what.in.the.h e double hockey sticks are you doing?
  17. pygmalion

I think it's something to do with sleep cycles. I'm similar. If I wake up after five hours or eight hours, I'm fine. Anything else and I'm toast. I think it has to do with my getting disturbed during REM sleep. If I do, it ain't pretty.
  18. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Why do so many bio professors feel the need to give chem 101 day 1 lectures? I could be giving this lecture...

ETA: WATER IS NOT AN ORGANIC COMPOUND. NO. NO. NO.
    JudeMorrigan likes this.
  19. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

So if I put water on my strawberries, I can't sell them as "organic"?
  20. wonderwoman

You don't remember your high school chemistry, do you? :p