Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

depends upon who you ask :)
    cornutt likes this.
  2. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of leaving the pop station on while I worked. Now my head is playing that damned Taylor Swift Trouble song over and over. GAH.
  3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Taco flavored kisses?
  4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Retail therapy sucks when you don't end up buying anything you actually wanted :(

BUT I got 3 pairs of high-quality fishnet/decorative stockings for $20. Woohoo!
    j_alexandra likes this.
  5. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

No, didn't work. I think this is worse!

(Trouble, trouble, trouble!)
  6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

So many possible replies, none of them appropriate here... :cool:
    Lioness and pygmalion like this.
  7. Peaches

Lol. It's a South Park reference...to a very annoying and catch tune.
  8. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Was all excited because I saw a sign for jalapeno burgers at Carl's Jr. LOVE jalapeno burgers. Got to restaurant, mouth watering, and found out they were selling jalapeno TURKEY burgers. Blech. So very bummed.
  9. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

more falarking at work.. I can't download cad format of ordnance survey maps because my boss hasn't paid them for the last 2 years downloads, so i have to cut and past off other people drawings, and hope the photocopy of a scan of a pdf is still to scale. I do all this using scissors and glue and trying to get our drawing to fit onto the 'copy' and he goes and effing changes the position of the building on the site.....

then he asks me " are there two 'l's in 'brilliant'?
  10. Peaches

*bang head on desk*bang head on desk*bang head on desk*

Special hell, special hell, Special Hell, SPECIAL HELL, SPECIAL HELL!!!

So help me, there is a special hell for people who don't document there work. There is an extra special special hell for people who don't do their work in any sort of logical or coherent fashion, and don't document it. At the very least, label your columns...that's not too much to ask, is it? Or naming your documents something logical? I realize that visual presentation isn't everyone's thing, and writing out actual desk guides/instructions might be asking too much, but naming and labeling? C'mon, people!

I don't even want to think about how much time I have wasted trying to reverse engineer things...time that could have been saved by documentation and/or coherent work.

Eeesh.
  11. Peaches

Wow. And I thought things were bad where I work. My sympathies.

Tell him no.
  12. cornutt

What, QWERTY.XLS isn't self-evident? I feel the same way about programmers who don't comment their code, or only use cutesie comments that have nothing to do with what the code is doing. If a line of code is commented /* XYZZY */, it tells me you're old, but it tells nothing about the code...
    pygmalion likes this.
  13. Peaches

Eh? How so?

How else do you comment code? I know of only two ways (/*comment*/ and *comment;) depending on where in my program I'm using it and if I'm working in SQL or SAS.
  14. cornutt

No, I'm talking about the actual text of the comment...
  15. Peaches

Ok, but I still don't get it. How would bizarre comment text = old?
  16. bordertangoman

Tuesday he was asking me to do stuff whilst I was eating a sandwhich..just f*** off till i finish eating..:rolleyes:

he just ought to retire. I think its presenile amnesia. Now he's ommitted renewing his architectural registration, which is like driving without a licence, and the stupid thing is it cost three times as much to re-register. and he's had several reminders by email.
  17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I used eat lunch at my desk a lot. A lot of times the staff wouldn't show any courtesy during my lunch - they'd just walk in with questions and/or want me to do something for them.

Now at lunch, I'll leave the office and talk at least a 30 minute walk. I need the escape.
    bordertangoman likes this.
  18. bordertangoman

me too. the weather isnt conducive to picnicing though at this time of year.
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

That's when you feel free to go bother them when they're eating their lunch!
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  20. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Uhmmmm...the other day the temperature, figuring in the wind chill, had to be in the low teens :confused: ...and I still took a 30 minute walk o_O ...I just bundled up a lot...it's amazing how much getting out the office for a short period of time makes me feel better...:)

I'm looking forward to "picnic" weather, though. ;)