Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Wow. Adventure! Played that in college on dumb terminals connected to a university mainframe. It's been so long, didn't even recognize the magic word.

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

A hollow voice says "plugh".

3. cornutt

And on that subject, sort of... My five-year-old H-P laptop is kaput. It will still boot up, but the BIOS no longer sees most of the devices, including the wireless card, the DVD drive, and the USB ports. Tried to tear into it to have a look around the motherboard, but the keyboard isn't fastened the way the service manual shows, and I don't think I can get it detached without breaking it. Oh well, I was getting fed up with it anyway -- can't run it at full speed without the CPU overheating and shutting down, and I'm tired of the 45-minute battery life. Computer shopping this weekend.

4. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Thanks. Still grouchy as hell, can't sleep.

5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

basically its a cross between a back seat driver and a cybernetic piece of string between where you are and where you want to get to. I wish mine could double as a games device as it sure keeps my sprog* amused.

*sprog =colloquial term for offspring.

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I take it you work in Lake Wobegon.

bordertangoman likes this.
  7. bordertangoman

Me, I work in Lake WoBegonSatan

samina and pygmalion like this.
  8. tequila

tequila Member

Injured some weird tendon somewhere deep inside my foot.
    Never knew a side cross could be that dangerous... heck, never knew that tendon existed till I found it... accidentally, so to speak

No dancing for me till doctor tells me otherwise. Two weeks so far, probably about two to go. Facing serious withdrawal.
    aaaaaaaargh

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

10. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Ugh. Impending sequestration is wreaking havoc with absolutely everything at work.

11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

* thumbs through greys anatomy text ( not the tv show reruns) .. cant find wierd tendon anywhere..

where does it hurt??

12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

At least there's a possibility you won't have to go to Cincinnati. *shrug* Must find consolation where one may.

13. tequila

tequila Member

lol :) *check translator* it's somewhere inside and attached to the navicular bone
    apparently, it's the one that gives you crap when you try to walk backwards while turning toe in.

14. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

ahh posterior tibial tendonitis

bummer that is one you can only rest

15. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

2:30 am. awake. 3am. awake. damn near 4am. awake. might as well just pull out a book and read. TDNWMH.

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oy to you and oy to me....out late with the gals, didn't even really want to be, but have turned them down too many times...so, home at midnight, but freezing for some reason so not asleep til after one...and slept in small fits and bursts...consequently, have to teach two hours of fitness this morning on fumes

17. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

you have my sympathy

18. cornutt

Same here. I really need to go to Syracuse to meet with a sub and a vendor, but we have zero travel right now. They keep telling us we should use VTC instead, but (1) it's not the same thng, (2) the one room available to us that has VTC capability is a crap installation, and (3) the Army network restricts all of the commonly used online collaboration tools. We could go to our company HQ building where they have good VTC and we could get access to Webex, but we can't use those because of a color-of-money problem.

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oy. I hope this doesn't impact DS's internship with the Dept of Commerce. his paperwork just got turned in a couple of weeks ago. :(

20. bordertangoman

isn't annoying when someone waves and toots their horn as they drive past you, but the windscreen is too reflecting to see in, and I didn't recognise the car. :p