Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yeah. When I lived in NJ, there was a guy in the condo complex who kept a Great Dane in a second-floor, one-bedroom unit. When the weather was good, he left the dog out on his deck all day. The dog would bark ferociously at anyone who walked by below. I don't think he wanted to attack; he just wanted to interact and run around. But he could easily have jumped the deck railing, and I always worried that he didn't realize how much of a drop it was. So I usually avoided walking by there when he was out.

2. cornutt

Thanks. It's a little better this morning. It's swollen on the upper sides of the kneecap, and the range of motion is somewhat limited, although it doesn't hurt when I'm just standing or walking. Thinking back, I may have hyper-extended it on Thursday. A partner and I were practicing a showcase routine with a deep dip at the end. On one attempt her feet slipped and I had to catch her before I was ready. I don't recall it hurting at the time, but I can't imagine where else I might have done it.

3. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Ouch, Cornutt, that would do it. I hope it gets better. Knees...

4. cornutt

Thanks, CCC. It's really not that bad; I just need to ice it for a while (which is what I'm doing right now). How are you these days? I haven't had the chance to chat with you for a while.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Whine: DS has been on antibiotics four days now, and is still sleeping too much and not eating enough. And he ended his usual 1.5 hour walk/run yesterday at less than 20 minutes. *sigh* Augmentin, here we come. Meaning, if he's not better tomorrow, I'm taking him back to the doctor and asking for stronger meds.

6. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Oh, I could out-whine everyone if I wanted to, but I'd better not even start.

7. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

ya think? ;)

8. pygmalion

Whine: Worried about DS, today. It's his first day back at school after a week off with bronchitis. He's on antibiotics, but he says he's "not a hundred percent." And he's not lying. He ate no breakfast, and looked very feeble when I dropped him off at school. (I drop him off just outside the school zone and let him walk the last quarter of a mile or so because driving under 20MPH is from hell. lol)

I'm expecting the school people to call me to come and get him. *sigh*

9. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

My phone died and it's just 2 pm, after leaving it plugged in all night, and not excessively using it. Either my charger is broken or my phone is. :(

10. pygmalion

It may just need a new battery. Maybe the guys/gals at the phone store can help diagnose the problem. ETA: The last time my battery dies, it had symptoms similar to yours. When I took it to the phone store, they plugged in one of their batteries and figured out my issue in about 30 seconds. :cool:

Whine: DS is STILL not 100%. He's in bed now, voluntarily, at 7:23 PM. This is not good. *sigh* At least his appetite appears to be coming back.

11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Our 2-doors-down neighbor has a Great Dane. In a town house. OK, fine. That bothers me, but not enough to get really upset about it. What DOES bother me is that they'll put him out back, on a cable...and leave him. I've seen the poor dog--from two houses away--shivering outside. Literally. I've watched him clear snow from the ground with his nose and then huddle on the clear-ish ground near a fence and shiver. I don't mind them tying him out (not a fan, but not the end of the world), but at least give the poor thing a doggie coat!

I keep debating calling...animal control? the police? What DO you do in this situation?

12. pygmalion

Animal control. Call. What are people thinking?

13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I wish it were that simple. I've got a droid razr and the battery is pretty well integrated into the phone, removing it requires prying off the back and many reports online say that even if you get that far, removing the battery will often destroy your device completely. I'm guessing they probably won't do it in store then, those guys probably aren't trained for that.

And this is what my battery is doing. Sadness.

Attached Files:

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Ack. Poor thing. It's cruel to allow dogs without the coat for winter temps to stay out unprotected. Speaking as the owner of one...who requires a wardrobe not unlike a human's to brave the elements.

Still, I'm always in favor of mustering up the courage to deal with these things directly, through human relationship, rather than governmental agency. If at all possible.

fascination likes this.
  15. pygmalion

Oh so sorry to hear that. *sigh*

16. pygmalion

Getting a visual of you and Kitty out on a walk ... wearing matching parkas. Priceless. :D

samina likes this.
  17. bordertangoman

Agreed.

18. pygmalion

Hmm. I agree that something should be done. Whether it's wise to confront the neighbor directly, I don't know. If you have some sort of relationship -- even if it's just to say hello in the mornings -- that's one thing. If you're strangers who happen to live two doors apart, myeh. Not sure I'd go marching up to the door of a stranger and say, "Oh btw. You're treating your dog cruelly."

We've already established that they're meanies ... with a great Dane. If they'll lock their (presumably beloved) doggie outside in the cold, what might they and their great Dane do to a nosy stranger? :D

19. bordertangoman

Come, come. it will be "My name is Peaches. Do you feel lucky?
    Well do you?" ;)

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

:)

More than once our get-ups have been color coordinated, not because I try so much as I like the colors I like and that's what's available.

pygmalion likes this.