Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I understand. The above is not what I'd recommend. And still, there may be a way to approach them about it.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

agreed....they might simply be a bit dim....or they might be unkind...might be the ethical thing to find out before reporting them
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

True. At least where I am, though, it takes several reports before the animal cruelty people pounce on your head. First report is generally a warning, which might be what these people need. They might not know. The first thing I thought, when P mentioned the great Dane outside was, "But great Danes don't have enough fur to survive the cold." Husky? Sure. Great Dane? no. But not everybody knows that. I remember reports, back when those Disney Dalmatian movies came out, of LOTS of people buying then abandoning dalmatians because they had no idea how much care a dalmatian needs.

Maybe these people don't know. But how to protect the doggie and P at the same time? That's the hard part. *sigh*
  4. pygmalion

Ongoing whine: DS too sick for school again. Back to the doctor, if I can get the boy to wake up. *sigh*
  5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I hate it when I get held up with work stuff because I have to wait on other people.

Article--waiting for branch chief to finish his review (which I'm pretty sure he hasn't even started)...he's 8 days late at this point.

Review/revise a write-up about something: waiting for NPC to get his draft to me.

Projections: need key pieces of data from coworker who can't be bothered (even with cc-ing boss on the second request for information), need a meeting with boss-on-hiatus to figure out next step (I'm new on this, so no clue what the next step is.)

Current fiscal year reports: need raw data from the person who actually has access to the system with the raw data, I've been asking for a week but he's busy with other stuff.

Hm. I hate being in thumb-twiddling mode. I have other stuff I can do/find to do, but it's not what I really need to be working on currently. Sigh. Grumblecakes. Damn people.
  6. Chr0n

Chr0n Member

Not quite sure if I should be happy or cry.
    Bought a MTM pair of Latin Pants about 2 months ago and usually only wear it to comps, but decided to put it on for pratice today. Realized that, while for Waltz it's still OK, if I put on the strap thingi to keep the trousers down, the slide down when dancing Jive. So, I need to get them taken in. But then I only have one comp next term and will be home with the lovely cooking skills of my mom over summer. So not sure, if I should just not use the strap thingis during the next comp and wait how the trousers fit after the summer or get them taken in now and then end up with them being too tight after summer. lol.

I think I should just eat more :p
  7. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Depending on how they are made and where the problem is, you might just be able to move the hook and bar/button for the meantime and move it back later if you expand. ;)
  8. Chr0n

Chr0n Member

That might work, but would create unsighty 'pull' lines I suppose. Actually, i just tried it and the pull is negligible. So, that might not be a bad idea at all. I think I might just be able to add a second button & hook and then could switch.

My belly seems a bit weird. When I leave it relaxed (eg off the dance-floor) the trousers still seem fine, but when I make them tighter to fit when I tighten my muscles, it would probably look like they are way too tight. Oh well, first world problems :p
  9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

If you take them in, you can always let them out if you need to.
  10. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Every five years I have to be reinvestigated for my security clearance. No big deal, except this time the form was 127 pages long and it took 10 hours to complete. Does anyone every really answer 'yes' to the question, "In the past seven years have you associated with known terrorists?"
    pygmalion likes this.
  11. pygmalion

Wouldn't it be hilarious if you did? Hehe! I can only imagine the reactions.
  12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

13. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

As do I. Suprisingly, this time around, my questionaire was online, and contained all the info from my last investigation. It took me about 15 minutes to click "ok" on most of it, update what was needed, and hit send. Thank goodness! These things used to take hours....
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Same here. But I suspect that NURDRMS' clearance is a wee bit higher than mine. :D
  15. pygmalion

Whatevah. As long as the Ex renews his and continues to pay child support, I'm good. *grin*
  16. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

reminds me of the Zappa song. is it "welcome to America?"
  17. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

reminds me of the Zappa song. is it "welcome to America?"
  18. pygmalion

DS was at his father's house roughly 20 hours when he broke his $600 cell phone. Honest to goodness. Every time the boy goes there, something major goes wrong and it always costs me money.

I know it's just stress which makes the boy clumsy/less cautious, but grumble. Grumble. Fortunately, I have insurance on the phone. But there's still a deductible. Grumble.
  19. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

um, no. these folks have no sense of humor. Neither do the polygraph folks, for that matter.

Biggest issue is the fact that I own foreign property, my husband owns stock in foreign corporations, I travel to other countries for not-work-related reasons, and I drive a Corvette. The investigators always struggle with these areas of the questionnaire.
  20. pygmalion

So, so glad to have people like you in positions of responsibility to protect smart alecks like me.

And what the heck does a Corvette have to do with anything? *rhetorical* You have a good job. You buy a sports car (I hope it's candy apple red. lol) You have earned that dang Corvette. just sayin.