Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

L: Still feeling okay? Sometimes the effects don't kick in until the next day. *sigh*

And, now that the dust has settled, so to speak, I have to ask. What is a puffer?

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I assume she means an inhaler.

3. Peaches

Dear god, Lioness. I'm just glad you're OK.

4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Still the same day for me :p

And yeah, it's an inhaler.

Managed to have a bit of a mini-freak out at mums, because the grandparents were over for birthday dinner...and while I don't mind telling mum what happened. I'd rather not tell the grandparents until it's long over. But they didn't notice the body damage to the car, and so I didn't have to explain it. I'll call mum later tonight to talk to her about insurance stuff. Still haven't seen BF since this morning, and I'm looking forward to just cuddling him.

5. pygmalion

I'm supposed to translate Australian AND keep track of what day it is. A bit much to ask, don't you think? :D

Take care, L. Be well.

Lioness likes this.
  6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Thanks P :)

I do think that inhaler is the common term...but I grew up weird. It's like I call soft drink (pop?) fizzy.
    Like, it's fizzy, but that's what I call it. "Can you get some fizzy from the shop?"

7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

8. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this. More and more people I know are impacted by the sequester, both government and contract workers. Damn it.

9. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

you know, it may be about funding after all. I for sure don't know your individual contract situation, but we are discussing the possibility to descoping some contract work we have going for us. Is it possible that your company may be facing a similar possibility and your management is taking proactive steps (i.e., decreasing each individual's time charged by 20% versus waiting until the descoping happens and having to lay off workers)? Either way, it sucks.

I am truly hating what's going on with the budget right now. I sit in meetings all day long, doing 'what if' budget drills and we don't even know what funding amounts we're supposed to be planning for. Not to mention what will happen if we don't have a budget (or at the very least another continuing resolution) by the 27th. Meanwhile, nearly all travel is cut and our young officers are being 'trained' to become better leaders via video teleconferencing, not the most effective means by far. This is NURDRMS speaking, not Major General NURDRMS, but I am disgusted with our Congress.

10. alexandrahweis

alexandrahweis Active Member

Why should we spend our time complaining when we could spend that time fixing it to get what we would prefer.

11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

???

I'm not sure what this means in the context of the other posts on this thread.

12. alexandrahweis

alexandrahweis Active Member

I'm sorry, I posted before reading enough of the thread. Im trying to delete my post.

13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Why should we spend our time fixing when we could spend that time complaining;its the British way..;)

somebody ought to do something about it..

pygmalion likes this.
  14. pygmalion

There's no way to delete a post; you can only edit within the fifteen minute editing window.

15. pygmalion

Yeah. Everybody is too busy playing the blame game to get the job done and oh btw run the country. *sigh* All sides guilty. Epic fail.

Talked to DS and the Ex. So far,the boy's internship is still on. Now if only he wanted to go. :D

16. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

It isn't the company's decision. The government is telling them to do it.

What we were told is that the period of performance for our contract will be extended enough to cover the unused hours at the end of the contract. But our money people aren't sure how that is going to work, or even if it's legal.

17. pygmalion

18. Peaches

I should have known. I know our contracts are currently...um...precarious.

19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

There oughtta be a law!

bordertangoman likes this.
  20. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I watched Dark Knight Rises on DVD..what a load of hokum..needs a new word for a movie that has too much scriptwriting..Scriptitus perhaps?