Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

now I am getting really tee'd off with my boss. we have done a few house schemes for a builder. They all have the same stuff internally but one works far better on the site than the others. But to hear my boss trying to explain this to the guy over the phone is jus embarassing. now he is going to talk it through with him over the phone when I'm not here. he's just a rat imo. and he's posting drawings out the builder today, with maybe a 1 in 3 chance of them getting there tomorrow.

its all money....

2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I hate some customers...

Tonight a guy came in just after midnight to play Keno (lotto game with short draws).
    He was here for 2 hours, and only left after the lottery terminal shut down for the night.
    While he was there I couldn't do any of my normal cleaning jobs, as they involve leaving the staff area behind the counter. I couldn't clean, or anything, because every 5 minutes he'd want another ticket. The whole time he kept trying to strike up a conversation. Dude...if you're here for 10 minutes, I'll talk all you want. But I've got way too much stuff to do tonight to spend 2 hours doing nothing. Go feed your gambling addiction elsewhere.

3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Tomorrow marks 10 years since the Iraq invasion. Am writing to my brother.

Tears streaming. Hate crying.

Hate, hate, HATE crying.

Also can't breathe. And have a headache. And am now annoyed with myself for crying.

Damn.

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I thought your brother was back. *confused*

5. Peaches

He is, and he is out of the military.

His wife has asked people, if they want, to write something to/for him, about that time.

Sooooo many memories and feelings dredged up...

6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Minor whine...I had a flat time on the way home from work yesterday...called Triple AAA...help arrived within the promised 45 minute timeline to put the spare on...I dropped the car off this morning at the dealership because I need the tire replaced (it can't be fixed)...I am waiting to hear from the service tech on the state of the other tires...if at least one other tire is bad I may end up replacing all of them...

7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Following a bit of a break down tonight, BF has convinced me that I need to drop a subject and do a 75% load.
    I agree...but I don't really know if I should. That would make uni half a year longer, and put off eventual travel to Japan.
    OTOH, 28 hours a week of work, while barely supporting me, is making it super hard to fit in any study. Something has to give. I would love to be able to get a higher-paying job in a market I'm interested in...then I'd only do 15 hours a week, and get paid practically the same...

8. pygmalion

Oh.Now I understand.*hug*

9. pygmalion

If you burn out, L, uni might take a LOT more than six months longer. You said it yourself. Something's gotta give.

It's hard, though. *hug*

Lioness likes this.
  10. Peaches

This week: training. "Managing Client Relationships." Otherwise known as influencing and negotiating skills. I know I'm the sort of person who needs this help, but holy crap. I am a bottom-feeding carp, is my take home lesson from today. Being a (bottom feeding) carp is never good, as opposed to being a shark or a dolphin. Personally, this whole class could be summed up by: is bad to be an introvert, always. Sigh. Reminds me of how the same behaviors in men and women get described positively Nd negatively, respectively. I'm typing with my thumbs currently, and my rant is really too long anyhow, but I have never felt so far from normal or worthwhile as an employee, or rarely as annoyed. Oh, and exhausted...cuz this being "on" and around people all day is tiring.

Three more days if this horse crap.

11. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

My efforts to become a morning person are slowly killing me.

Also my dance teacher is going on another cross-country teaching tour. Good for her, really, but definitely going to miss having a great teacher around. I guess it's a sign she's in demand. heh.

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Confucius say: to become morning person, one must first stop being night owl.

Subliminal, fascination and samina like this.
  13. Peaches

Not necessarily! You just need to learn to function without sleep.

pygmalion likes this.
  14. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I empathize with you...I am the ray hiding in the sand....I look up with envy at bottom feeding carp...;)

15. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

We were supposed to go to animal kingdom today but it is pooouuuring so we are rerouting to Hollywood studios. Still pouring though.

16. pygmalion

17. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

I've been doing that for about a year now. It's not all it's cracked up to be...

18. Peaches

No, it really isn't.

19. tangomonkey

tangomonkey Active Member

I seldom read anything other than the AT forum; just did a quick browse and saw your post. Co-incidentally, I watched this Ted Talk by Susan Cain a few hours ago. You might like it.

20. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I have felt like crap for the last week or so.

I have also not touched a can of faux diet mountain dew for about a week and a half or so.

Even though I have had plenty of caffeine, I am unconvinced that these are not related facts.