Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

aspartame withdrawal ...clear case

RX one regular mountain dew q6hrs

hold for heart rate over 170:cool:

mindputtee likes this.
  2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I can imagine -- that shite wreaks havoc.

If twice a day you drink a liter of water with the juice of a couple lemons squeezed into it, you'll help speed up the detox.

wonderwoman likes this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

pfft new age krap..... hair of the mountain bike .... DOOOOO THEEE DEEWWW

kidding of course;)

bordertangoman, mindputtee and samina like this.
  4. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Funny!

I need to curb my caffeine habit.. as well as my tendency to drink all things acidic way too much. The citric acid in DMD is worse for your teeth than sugar.

On another whine: I barely slept last night and planned to nap since I work a split shift today.. to find that I was over-tired. I wanted to be able to go out after work, I haven't in weeks. And maybe only twice or three times this year so far. I told my favorite merengue partner I would. I'll be surprised if I stay up for my beloved Grey's, let alone go out til midnight.

5. Mr 4 styles

you can do it!! you are wonderwoman!!!

6. wonderwoman

I did it. But I definitely went to sleep as soon as it was over.

ETA: Wait.. I lied. I forgot I stayed up to watch Ellen Pompeo on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

7. Mr 4 styles

very funny!! much more so than on greys LOL

8. Mr 4 styles

im sure your dance partners appreciated you!

9. wonderwoman

My post was confusingly worded. I did stay up to watch my show. I didn't go out. lol

Yes, she has an adorable laugh!

10. Mr 4 styles

i can hear the hearts breaking at the dance hall as well speak:(

bordertangoman likes this.
  11. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Woken up at 5.50 by early rising sprog..first its her then the cat comes in but it wants feeding, so sprog does it (miracle!) then comes back, then goes to pee, then its giggles and purrs for the next 45 mins till my normal waking time...o_O:)

pygmalion likes this.
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

that sounds like sort of a nice whine :)

bordertangoman likes this.
  13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

probly, feline kisses are sweet, even if it's cupboard love...

14. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Presenting on a book today...and everyone in my class is going "I haven't read it" "I'm only a little way through" "This book sucks"

Not encouraging...at least no-one can point out the things I get wrong?

Story of an African Farm can't be that bad..I love it.

15. sheryl01brown

sheryl01brown New Member

Ugh. I'm doing research on something when my laptop crashed. :mad:

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Bummer!

Welcome to the forums, sheryl01brown. :)

17. sheryl01brown

sheryl01brown New Member

Thanks, pygmalion!

And thank God for the restore last session function on my Internet browser. All my searches through MySearchResults and even DuckDuckGo were restored! :)

pygmalion likes this.
  18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for modern technology! :)

19. Lioness

I've worked out why Japanese gets me down so much this year.

In previous years, we spent a lesson, or half a lesson, going over the new vocab. At that point, we only had 40-50 new words per week.
    This year, not only do we have about 100 new words per lesson, but the lecturer expects us to have learnt the vocab before we come to the first lesson of the week...but she hasn't actually communicated that expectation...she just approaches each lesson/grammar point as if we are thoroughly familiar with every word she says.

And I don't feel like I can email her about it, because all she'd say is "Well, learn the vocab before you come to class".
    I just don't know what to do. Right now I'm spending each class thoroughly confused and more than a little bit upset...she's not using the class to teach; she's using it to review.
    And it sucks.

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

take husband down the road to the train because we have a car in the shop, 6am
    miss that train b/c tracks are blocked by a stopped train moving in opposite direction (eastbound)
    drive fast to next westbound stop to get dh on that train (@6:15)
    drive back, wait for a different slow eastbound, wait for next passenger train that husband could have caught had he simply stayed put, then wait for another west bound long, slow train....home at 6:47

this is a train that dh could have walked to if he had to....grumble ...I am not supposed to be up early on wednesday...car had better be fixed today

21. Lioness

Someone explain to me why an eyeshadow that costs $6.00 in the US costs $18 over here :(