Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

There was recently a free concert at the Kennedy Center to inaugurate their new, huge pipe organ. Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor was played. And I missed it! I didn't find out about it until just now. Damn and blast!!! I love organ music, I love that piece, but I've never heard it played live on an organ. Rackin' frackin'!

OTOH, DH's former teacher is playing a Chopin recital at CCM's school, so we will be going to that. Always exciting g to see Brian play. :)
  2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Shipping?
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

4. fascination

TEE...great minds
  5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

8 events so far...haven't been recalled in any of them.
    Looked at the photos that DP's sister took and I look like a sausage squeezed into my costume :-(

Not a great day, really.
  6. fascination

don't let it get you down for the next events...my empathy, pictures make me want to wire my jaw shut
  7. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

and inject myself with a dysenteric organism..:confused:
  8. fascination

9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Major soup explosion in the microwave. It blew a heavy glass top off of the bowl. Big mess. :rolleyes:
  10. Lioness

More than a little annoyed at DP right now.

Today, DP and his GF were going to come along to swing dancing with BF and I. BF hurt his foot, so he couldn't come along, but as of 4.30pm, everyone was still all good to go.

Between taking BF to the doctor and swing, I don't have time to cook, so I justify takeaway with "I'm going dancing!"

6.30pm, DP's GF posts "Such a relaxing evening. Having a good time relaxing while BF cooks me dinner"
    Me: Oh awesome. They're getting ready for dance.

DP has asked me to give them a lift, as he is currently without a car. That's cool. I live an hour away, so I leave at 6.30pm to pick them up. Text them at 6.45 asking whether they have cash on them or whether we need to stop and pick it up?
    7.00pm DP texts me to say "Sorry. GF is sick. We can't come tonight."

Dude.

I'm halfway to your house, I'm not going dancing by myself when I've got an essay due (when BF hurt his foot the only reason I was still going was because DP and GF were going to be there, and they were really excited), and I've already had an unhealthy dinner because I thought I didn't have the rest of my night free! Bad form!
  11. fascination

oh...I would be steamed too
  12. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

technology! pah! spotify now crashes on my mac; Outlook has been added on Hotmail and now won't empty the deleted folder, and I have two identical pages on Wordpress and can't get rid of one.:eek:
    Wordpress is nice but user friendly???

c'mon guys if it ain't broke don't fix it.:mad:
  13. Mr 4 styles

solution

dump BF
    date DP
    cook DP dinner
    take ecinachea so YOU dont get sick

no problemo:eek:;)

just kidding .. thats a bummer .. but im so glad im married to my am partner:)
  14. fascination

I am so glad I pay a reliable professional :)
  15. Mr 4 styles

ditto that i have been blessed all these years with female pros who are punctual and reliable.. The mrs has had two male pros at times who, tho great ,couldnt schedule themselves out of a wet paper bag!!

emphasis in HAD:D
  16. fascination

right...had that too....once...he had other fine qualities...but the current pro has, at @8 lessons a week for almost five years, had to re-schedule exactly twice......I appreciate that beyond comprehension
  17. Mr 4 styles

especially with your travel ditto on my first pro she has cancelle twice always with 24 hrs notice and due to illness only never an oopsey in the schedule etc
  18. Lioness

Lol been there, done that. Didn't work out XD
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  19. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Ditto. My own schedule is horrendous and because of that pro and I have to schedule my lessons far in advance. Absolutely couldn't handle working with someone who didn't have the same work ethic as I do. Something I constantly thank him for, by the way...
  20. Lioness

I have got to stop putting off my essays...

Because when I get down to it, I really enjoy reading all the literary criticism and putting points together and all of that.

But by the time I get to that (usually about 3 days after the due date...) I just don't have time to read widely, thoroughly, and connect it all together into an amazing essay...I just have to throw something together in a day or two.

Here's hoping I can get my act into gear next time.