Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

which means you were actually driving faster than that.. badddddd Jude

glad you are okay tho

2. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Ok, let me be clear. I don't know what speed I was going at when I actually hit the median. Before I span out of control, I was going roughly the speed limit. I couldn't give an exact number - things happened very quickly, but I was not travelling at a remarkable speed.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I know who you're talking about.

I assume your accident was on I-65. Was it a little south of Franklin? I've run into bad road conditions in rain there before.

4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

It was on I-65, but I was further south than that. I was right around exit 14.

5. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Active Member

Glad you were not hurt. Your story motivated me to buy new tires today. I had been procrastinating.

fascination likes this.
  6. Cal

Cal Active Member

The staff at the studio where I practice (NOT the studio where I take lessons) covers about 85% of its mirrors with JUNK. They put posters, sign-up sheets, birthday signs, “seasonal decorations” and a bunch of other stuff all over its mirrors. I’ve mentioned to the studio owner several times that it’s the only studio I’ve been in that hides a major learning tool, that it interferes with the use of mirrors for practicing, and that all the mirror-clutter gives the studio an unprofessional look. All I’m told is that the “staff likes it.” Well he must be pretty desperate to keep his staff, because, on the rare occasions when a mirror has been “empty” and I use it to check a head position or something, they barge right past me to slap up a seasonal daffodil or something right over the spot where I’m checking my head! Unbelievable.

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

8. Cal

Cal Active Member

A WADING POOL - in the middle of the dancefloor? At least it wasn't filled with water. Unfathomable.

9. Mr 4 styles

maybe they want you out of there:eek::D

10. fascination

horrible festering bed bug bites from exposure on saturday, now compounded by the exposure on monday and cannot find the benedryl cream...using decade old caladryrl instead... to poor effect...and still no response from the hotel I have stayed at every week for 5 years....this being the 2nd and 3rd exposure respectively ...getting ready to open a can of whoopass...second night of this and no sleep

11. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

:( Man, that really sucks!

12. fascination

yep...add to that some sort of food borne thing and I have not been this miserable in a long while

13. Mr 4 styles

sooo sorry to hear that fasc

kick that hotels butt!!

14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Barfing at the front desk might get their attention... :eek:

fascination likes this.
  15. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Have to go on a very low iodine diet for the next two weeks. Crazy long list of food I have to do without. Basically all I can eat are small portions of fresh meat, fruits, some veggies (no dark green leafy ones), potatoes without the skin, and dry-roasted, non-salted nuts. That means NO chocolate, NO Diet Coke, NO beer, NO spinach and pineapple smoothies, NO pasta unless I make it without eggs, NO fish or seafood, NO rice, NO baked goods unless I can make it without eggs, butter or milk, and NO dairy of any kind (which is actually okay, since I'm lactose intolerant.) Sheesh. DH says I'm going to end up weighing 80 pounds and being very cranky. I think he's secretly delighted that he'll be out of the country for most of this diet...

16. fascination

that sounds dreadful

17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Not even rice noodles?

Look at it as an opportunity to feed your inner carnivore!

18. stash

stash Well-Known Member

My dad keeps sending me job information, for jobs that I don't want to do. I'm already in a job where I am so bored and so frustrated that I just want to scream. Now he sent me an even worse job that I could get a 8-12 week detail for, but wait for it... it's for a gs7. And what am I? A gs 3 going on 4.... If you are going to send me stupid job posting at least check before to see if I'm actually qualified.

Not to mention being stuck at a desk all day makes me want to go curl up in my bed all day and hide. But nope, that's what they want me to do. But they forget that they made me realize that I could run my own business, in what ever field I want, and that's stuck with me and that's what I want to do. Either they need to make up their stupid minds or butt out of my life decisions at this point...

End of whining rant...

19. fascination

as long as you aren't financially dependent upon them, I guess it doesn't matter...but I appreciate your frustration...it's a tricky thing to navigate

20. stash

stash Well-Known Member

For about another year and a half I am financially dependent on them, unless I find cheap rent and take out student loans--which is something I don't want to do at the moment.

And I don't expect them to understand what I want to do, or why I want to do it. But they've known what I've wanted to do for at least 4 years now... I'm beginning to think they were/are hoping it's just a phase, but it isn't.

It is very difficult to navigate, between trying to respect them, but at the same time trying to grow up as an individual and becoming the person I want to be.