Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Not feeling well, gloomy gray weather, youngest daughter "lost" her school uniform shoes (but not the orthotics that were in them -- huh?!?) so both girls were late to school because of time spent looking for them, youngest is going to be written up for being out of uniform, lost my grocery shopping time completely, homeschooled son was late to piano. Fairly normal stuff, but hard to handle on top of my current frustration level about dance. Argh!
  2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Gah I'm sick and I have one more final to go! Stupid world... Why couldn't I get sick until after my finals? Why?!?!?
  3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Ugh. If you change your mind and decide that you don't actually want to cover part of my shift, don't call me 4 hours beforehand!

No-one...NO-ONE will want to cover a shift that starts at 4am. And I need to leave then. How rude. And anyone who did want to cover a shift that early will be asleep at midnight.
  4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I think I've been clenching my teeth when I work/study, they feel very tender.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

i do this in my sleep to what has been terrible effect...my sympathies
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Bite guard.
  7. fascination

I know...but that has to get in line behind; mammogram, cholesterol bloodwork, appointment for why my ears are ringing, and basic hygiene :)...not to mention weatherproofing the rotting deck, finishing shoveling cow crap so I can plant things and about 1000 other things that are going to be responsible for my next nervous breakdown :)
  8. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

It would make a very attractive fashion accessory for while I'm at work, doncha think?
  9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

10. Lioness

When you're frustrated because your chiffon won't lay flat, don't go "pfft" in frustration! Now I have to start again.

Organza and chiffon stink.
  11. Lioness

Triple post
  12. Lioness

Also, how is it that my stress level is almost directly correlated to the amount of money in my bank account...

Like this weekend I've got tons of stuff to do...sewing, Japanese study, cleaning the room, etc. All was fine until I checked my bank account and BAM...$30 to last me through until Thursday night.
    I swear I haven't spent this much money...but apparently I have. This sucks.

At least I've done my shopping/put petrol in my car already. I can make enough stew to eat until then, and just sort of...not go to Uni because my bus trip is about to run out.

Just going to go to sleep and stress now.
  13. Aura

Aura Active Member

It may be the weekend, but I've still have one more full week of my "mini-mester" computer class, which I have to complete to eventually graduate. Four hours of nothing but learning about computers Monday through Friday, ugh.
  14. Lioness

BF's cat pooped in the laundry...and the spare room.

And BF isn't back until tonight so I have to clean it up.

I hate this cat. Stupid old grumpy pile of [poop]
  15. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I would be happy to shovel cow crap for you. it would a great improvement on what I'm doing now, or do yuor decking for you.
  16. fascination

I would love that too...not because either job is a horrible job...I actually like outdoor work...but I just have too much other stuff on my plate now...dare I ask what you are doing now?...or are you simply referring to your regular job?
  17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Dealing with the bosshole, prolly.
  18. Lioness

Missing some people I haven't seen online for a little while...
  19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

text 90999 to the Lioness relief fund to send ten dollahs!!

oops dats the red cross;)
    Purr likes this.
  20. stash

stash Well-Known Member

When the lab groups (support assistants and scientists) email me that I have done my job wrong as a financial tech student. And convince me that stuff are missing, until I double check when they leave and find out that I was right all along and they didn't read the stuff right. And then send me more confusing emails because they are going by the system that we show them and use to match the ledger and not the ledger itself because they don't even know that the ledger exists because no one has sat down with them to show them the steps.

My job would be easier if even a brief overview was given on how ALL the systems work together so miss signals don't happen! Hell I would do it myself... It would give me something to do when I have all this free time at work. But nope... The government likes to make things complicated... SHM.....
  21. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Pro and partner (both of whom I take lessons (pro) and classes (pro's partner) with) leave for Blackpool and a subsequent mini-holiday today. Happy for them, and cheering them on, but... this means nothing but solo practice for 2 weeks!!! I can already feel the onset of dance withdrawal...