Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Suddenly I'm graduating in 6 months and it's too late to organise internships, volunteer work, etc.

How am I meant to get a real world job?
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

it will happen
  3. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

It has been warm and humid for so long, the lawn has a nice crop of mushrooms, and any surface that is not immediately dried off will grow mold. Sweating 24/7 is not my place of grace. And now the temperature rises -- out of the 80s and into the 90s. TDNWMH.
  4. fascination

only bright side is that, if your neighbors are morons who like to shoot their fireworks willy nilly, there is less likelihood that your house or lawn will burst into flames...anyhow, baby powder; my secret for navigating humidity without becoming cranky pants.... if that doesn't work; margarita in a cold tub :)
    j_alexandra likes this.
  5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

our office answering machine is switched off. A friend of the boss says he's called twice and left a message. Boss walks over to answering machine looks at it and says "There's 8 messages on this." then he asks "How do you switch it on? " There is a lead to a socket in the wall right in front of him. The socket is switched off. How do I say the bleeding obvious without sounding sarcastic...:p
  6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

So we were informed Monday that contractors who work for the part of the Army that we work for will have be furloughed along with the civil service. It will be 11 unpaid days off. And right now my DW is in disability, at 80% pay, due to recent surgery. So our combined income is taking a double whammy, and it comes at a very bad time for reasons that I can't get into here.
  7. fascination

8. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Yup, it's really less than awesome. I personally am lucky in that I'm going to get to work four 10-hour days a week. But even that fortituous option will grind a person down. There are rather a lot of people here hoping the furloughs don't wind up going the entire 11 weeks.
  9. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

bummer cornutt sorry to hear that
  10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

"I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable response in such a situation. :D
    bordertangoman likes this.
  11. JudeMorrigan

I was in a terrible mood this weekend. So I decided to break out my Firefly DVDs. That cheered me up. And then I reached the end of the series and I was all sad again.

I didn't think that one out very well.
    Joe, FancyFeet and mindputtee like this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

:eek:
    all 11 episodes or is it 13:confused:

best show ever cancelled!!

that and 666 park ave
    j_alexandra likes this.
  13. JudeMorrigan

Fox aired 11 during the original run. There were three more episodes shot that are included in the DVD set.

An amused note on this watch through: there were multiple occassions where I had to stop the DVD and marvel at the effortless way that Summer Glau would point her feet at times. I mean, I knew she had a serious ballet background, but for some reason, I couldn't not see it this time. (Ok, it's not mysterious. I've been lamenting the sad state of my own point in my jive kicks lately.) I'm honestly not sure if it was a directorial choice or something she just sort of did automatically as a result of her background.
  14. Mr 4 styles

I noted the effortless way that morena baccarin made me want to marry her LLOOLL jk
  15. JudeMorrigan

I saw her at Dragon*Con a couple of years back. She somehow manages to be even more drop-dead gorgeous in person. It's uncanny.
  16. Mr 4 styles

I believe that !! so is brook burke just sayin
  17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

My Firefly marathon is all the episodes, then the movie... you have 2 more hours before the sad needs to come!
  18. fascination

i have an ear infection...a really bad painful ear infection in my left ear ...dunno why...don't really have time to deal with it...hope it goes away...can't sleep on my left side...and that is the side on which I like to sleep...grumble...and I have a comp coming
  19. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Fasc, please get that taken care of. And don't fly until it is. Some years ago I was on a flight out of DFW and I had gotten on board with an ear blockage. The flight had been delayed, it was 0-dark-30 and any place in the airport where I could have bought decongestants was closed. I should have stayed overnight, but it would have come out of my pocket, and I was anxious to get home. On the descent, I couldn't clear the blockage, and I wound up with a ruptured eardrum. It still causes me problems now and then.
  20. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

The sad definitely comes before the end of the movie... I'm a leaf on the wind...
    FancyFeet likes this.