Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

as Cornutt says, get it sorted, if it effects your balance your comp is stuffed anyway...

2. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

as Cornutt says, get it sorted, if it effects your balance your comp is stuffed anyway...

(in case you've grown hard of hearing...actually it was a double post :( )

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You know Charlie don't surf, and Fasc don't fly!

fascination and j_alexandra like this.
  4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Too, too true. Curse Joss' sudden but inevitable betrayal!

FancyFeet likes this.
  5. JudeMorrigan

And yes, do get that taken care of, Fasc. I have an unfortunate propensity towards ear infections myself. It's remarkable about how quickly they heal given proper medication and how quickly they don't if one takes my normal tack of "ignore it and hope it goes away on its own".

fascination likes this.
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

tis true that f doesn't like to fly, but if I did, I would tend to the ear b/c dh had your same experience cornutt....am headed to walgreens today...just hate to go to Dr. for something like this...although, I still have to get this year's mammo and blood panel done as well....but pro is going to be gone for a few weeks soon...so maybe I can catch up...it isn't affecting my balance...yet....but I do take that seriously

7. Sania

Sania Active Member

Reminds me of a quote from the early 80's movie version of Flash Gordon, with soundtrack by Queen: "Who wants to live forever?!?!?"

8. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Active Member

not Freddy Mercury

9. Sania

Sania Active Member

Yes, Queen with Freddie Mercury did the music.

The quote is a line of dialogue by one of the characters - can't remember the name - right as they decide to storm the palace of Ming the Merciless

10. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Active Member

But Freddy Mercury did not "live forever"

11. fascination

I am good with living forever, just not here in this body..in the old format I was a deity...I liked the fringe benefits of that...

j_alexandra likes this.
  12. fascination

as my son always says: I am going to live forever....so far, so good...I like that...but then I raised him...he has all of my nueroses

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Highlander.

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Vampire? :)

Or better yet, Zombie! ;)

15. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

patients like you pay for my dancing!!:eek:

16. JudeMorrigan

Well, I'm generally pretty healthy. So it hasn't (directly) bitten me too badly so far. But believe you me, I fully understand the dangers of that sort of attitude when something serious actually does crop up. For example, by the time my mother's lung cancer was discovered (when she collapsed while teaching at her elementary school), the cancer had already spread to her brain and kidneys. The doctors gave her maybe six months, she lasted nearly six weeks. The last of which was downright hellish.

So I kid, but I'm well aware of how bad of a thing my general aversion to going to the doctor is. I really do try to overcome my inherited tendencies and the effort the naval flight surgeons put into making me want to desperately avoid seeking medical help.

17. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

there can be only one!!!

Joe likes this.
  18. JudeMorrigan

Coco Hernandez!

19. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Why why why must my two favorite events be on the same weekend???? DC Swing Experience and Ohio land on the same weekend this year :( Now I must decide with my partner :/

20. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Isn't DC swing experience November 14-17? Ohio (collegiate) is the 23-24.