Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Shin splints. :rolleyes:

2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

For a while I could have swore they were on the same date. Dave must have moved DCSX back. Yay! No more choosing :D

3. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I've had my computer back for about a week and a half after it has gotten "fixed" and now it is broken again. But more broken then when I sent it into the shop last time. Taking it back this afternoon.... grrrrr (I am thankful that this is happening now though, and not half way through my digital media class coming this fall)

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

get a mac!!

5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Text DP earlier this week..."Hey, seeing as we have expensive lessons this weekend, can we skip our normal lesson and practise instead?"
    Answer is yes.

Text him to confirm at 2.30pm today...usual practise time is 5.30...was prepared to do earlier if need be.
    Text back at 4.30 (when I need to leave...dance is an hour away)..."Sorry, GF is coming over at 6.30...but I can do until then if you want"

Drive for an hour for half an hour of practise? No. I texted you earlier so we could reschedule if we needed to...like, say, if your GF is visiting when we're meant to be dancing! I was super hoping for a nice long practise today so that we don't spend $95 on stupid mistakes over the weekend.

Annoyed.

FancyFeet likes this.
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Your partner sounds vaguely selfish.

7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

lol it is a mac... no apparently it was just the scm thing needed to be rest. it's the power trigger in the mac when you press the power button. sometimes apparently it like's to stop working.

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sounds more to me like ...ahem ...a dude whose girlfriend's got him by the sensitive parts

FancyFeet and stash like this.
  9. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Had a lesson the other day, and was unknowingly booked with the youngest teacher at the studio. She is very nice, but only dances American and I dance international. She was unable to answer some of my questions. I'm sure it was an honest mistake by the studio- I don't think they knew that I had decided to focus solely on standard, but still annoying to pay for a lesson where I couldn't get all my questions answered and the teacher was unable to give me things to practice.

10. fascination

I would suggest that, in the future, you clearly state what you are after and with whom you would like to take a lesson....is there a standard question that you would like to pose here?

11. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Yup, I plan on doing so! Lesson learned!
    Working on making bigger shapes and was hoping for an exercise/exercises to help stretch the topline especially during things like a throwaway oversway. Fortunately, I'm headed off to Chicago in an hour for a weekend practice with the partner, so hopefully we'll be able to work some of the stuff out on our own!

12. fascination

13. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Fixing an account that belongs to a full time employee... I am a student fixing someone's work who was hired on the premise that he actually could learn things and had background in this field.... I train him, not the other way around. I'm fixing his mistakes, not the other way around.... There is something wrong with this picture........

14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Just decided that I am done participating in another (non-dancing-related) forum where I was a founding member and have been there for over ten years. However, the level of trolling and ignorant expression there has made it unreadable. You have to sort through pages and pages of trash to find the occasional nugget of knowledge. I've seen good moderation and bad moderation in my time, and I've done some modding myself in places, so I know it's not an easy task. However, when you run a forum, if you decide that actual conversation is what matters, instead of just page views, then you have to stay on top of it. And yes, that does make me appreciate DF more. So thank you to the mods here, and thank you to the dedicated old and new members who keep this place going and lively.

15. fascination

16. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Rough day today.

Said good bye to my surrogate family, as they're moving to Africa on Monday. That was incredibly hard. Just came home from that to an e-mail from a potential dance partner that I'd had coffee with last week, declining to set up a dance try-out as he'd decided he doesn't want to switch from the studio he's been at for all of a month.

Someone up there is testing my strength today. Trying not to crumble.

17. fascination

sometimes a good crumble is in order...hug

stash and FancyFeet like this.
  18. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

There may have been some crumbling... now there's wine.

19. fascination

wine and crumbles. a fairly natural pairing :)

j_alexandra likes this.
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I know how you feel... Are the mods over there aware of how you feel? Sure would be valuable feedback...

cornutt likes this.