Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

There have been many, many complaints from a number of long-time members over there about the trolling. The mods apparently care more about page views than actual content.

samina likes this.
  2. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Weird dynamic in studio board meeting where I seem to regularly be made an example of, and not in a good way. I don't see this happening to anyone else. I've apparently said all kinds of bratty things I don't remember saying. Not cool. I do volunteer work, I put a lot of money into the place, and I would appreciate some basic common courtesy.

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

WOW.. sorry to hear that...his loss

FancyFeet likes this.
  4. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

True that. I was willing to work with him and wait for him to catch up to where I'm at if we clicked, dancing lower levels in am-am, keeping pro-am for the challenge... I fully expect that he'll end up realizing within a year or two that to compete at any decent level, he'll have to leave/partner with someone outside of his studio. Still sucks, but hopefully by then I'll be partnered with someone awesome, dancing (and winning) gold and open events, and he'll be like 'if only'.

That's my mean streak coming out... stuff like this tends to make me buckle down and work harder. :)

5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

On my way home from the shops today when I witnessed a car accident...no-one hurt, thankfully, but a car ran a red light and hit a learner driver. I feel really sorry for the learner...she wasn't at fault, but the people who hit her were very insistent that they didn't run the light.

Cameras will show.

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Did you stop and offer to present yourself as a witness that the car ran the red light?

bordertangoman and samina like this.
  7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

A guy from the budget office upstairs wanted to run a report on my login on my computer because it won't let him on his login. Ok, fine. Then he turns to me, after he has run the report, and asks if I have other stuff to do that doesn't involve my computer, because he needs my computer for an hour.... Um not ok. No I am swamped with work for once, (I go months bored out of my mind, but then when it rains it pours....), and I can't spend an hour twiddling my thumbs waiting to have my computer back...

8. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Laptop powered itself off for no apparent reason. o_O

9. Lioness

Yep. Another lady did too...drivers of the car were insistent that they didn't run it...but you can't really argue with a red light camera.

10. stash

stash Well-Known Member

My dad bugging me at 7:20 that I wasn't at work yet. It takes me 15minutes to get to work from home... Meaning I had 25 more minutes to look at my tumblr at home... But nooo I should go to work... Seriously... It's not my fault that I'm actually up early because you and mom were arguing and that woke me up....

Lioness likes this.
  11. Lioness

Ahaha I'm the same in the morning with Tumblr...wake up...endlessly scroll...eventually go to work.

Venting.

The "the chef should take the worst plate" mindset REALLY freaking annoys me. I hate cooking. If I'm cooking for more than one person, I want a choice of the best food, if there is even a "best" food. Obviously if it's a dinner party it's different, but if I'm cooking dinner for me and you, then I'm doing you a favor, and you be grateful for what you're given. There's no way I'm working hard just to give you something amazing for doing nothing.

This is maybe coming out a little harsher than I intended, and probably a little selfish, but I'm cooking for me, and then cooking extra for you as a favour. You've said several times that I don't have to cook for you, you can go get takeaway. Well it's no extra trouble to cook you extra, but that means I get the privilege of deciding that, you know what, I think I'll take the plate with a bit of extra meat on it. I paid for it, I cooked it, I'm eating it.

And this is pretty damn specific but I hate the mindset in general. Why should someone feel entitled to the best bit when they've done none of the work. I'm not making you a present, I'm cooking food.

bordertangoman likes this.
  12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

DP or BF?

Depends whether or not the person is an invited guest. You are obligated by the rules of hospitality to provide them with an optimal experience in your home.

13. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Ended up in the hospital last night because my drink was cross contaminated with dairy products. I am deathly allergic (not lactose intolerant... that's just gas...) No this a full fledge reaction, hives, trouble breathing, and other symptoms that sometimes happen or sometimes don't happen, like nausea. It all happened so fast that I had to use the epipen instead of benedryl. Spent 5 hours in the hospital. Everything's fine now--aside from my leg which hurts like a female dog and being drowsy from the benedryl they gave me at the hospital. Nothing more of a buzz kill than anaphylactic shock.

14. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Yikes! I'm glad to hear you're ok!

My whine:
    Just realized after attaching about half of this ruffle to the bottom edge of this skirt that I did it right side to wrong side. Garrrrrrrhhhhhh. The good thing is I'd made the seams in the ruffle french seams so I can just top stitch them down and hope no one ever looks closes enough to bother. I'm starting to really hate gathered ruffles.

Joe likes this.
  15. Lioness

BF...so hospitality rules don't count. For dinner parties and invited guests, then that's cool, but as far as I'm concerned the rule doesn't count for BF.

bordertangoman and stash like this.
  16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Well, it's not like he's just your roommate...

mindputtee and bordertangoman like this.
  17. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Aesop's fable; the hen, the mouse and the badger, or somesuch trio..

18. Lioness

Front struts on car need replacing. $400.

I have spent at least twice what this piece of [trash] is worth in the last year. I sit there and go "if I fix this problem, it'll cost less than a new car and it will be working well...shouldn't develop any new problems"

$600 water pump, $600 brake pads and rotors, $400 front struts, 4 new tyres at $130 each, new battery...the list is long but it's still cheaper than a new car.

Conflicted :/

19. Lioness

Not to mention that the mechanic mentioned that it might not just be the struts that need replacing...there might be busted CV joints behind there. I don't even want to know what that would cost.

20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Holy guacamole! I'm so glad I turn my own wrenches.