Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

If it's just that the struts are worn out, you can probably live with that for a while. As for the CV joints, are you hearing any clicking or rumbling noises from the front wheels?
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Not so much clicking or rumbling...but rattling rumbling I guess? Sort of like there's a baby helicopter stuck on my axle.

Mum works for mechanics, so I'm going to take it to them tomorrow. They think it might just be a supportive bit that's busted, not the whole thing.

Either way, I'm going to fix it. Buying a new car when I'm going to be travelling in a year is a silly idea. Hopefully it won't turn into a black hole of wasting money.
  3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Yes, struts can wait if you're OK with extra bounciness.

Maybe you need to trade your BF in for one who can repair cars (and cook). ;)
    Mr 4 styles, Lioness, Sania and 2 others like this.
  4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

My fourth droid razr is on its way now. Cannot wait until I upgrade in January, even if it means losing unlimited data.
  5. Lioness

Fixed the car...thankfully mum has a habit of working for mechanics, so they can discount repairs.

My car feels solid again. It no longer attempts to lose its wheels when I run over a manhole.

Apparently there's a small tear in the CV boot, but whatevs. Not a huge concern right now.
    fascination likes this.
  6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Terrible, awful, no-good day at work.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I hear you....today was a bouquet of that as well
  8. letsdance101

letsdance101 Member

whine for the day: (for stupid reasons I dont want to get into) today I was told I am not allowed to use a song picked out for a small group im in for a performance... even though we have been practicing choreography since march and had song edited with costumes ordered... btw the performance is 2 weeks away. Now we have to choose a completely different song which i just spent 2 hours editing because it didnt want to sound right for me, return costumes, and change choreography. Great.
  9. fascination

that is ridiculous...and I wouldn't do it
  10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Why? If there was a problem with the song, it should have been dealt with in March, not 2 weeks before a performance. Changing costumes is an expense, and trying to learn new choreography in 2 weeks is burdensome, if not impossible.

I wouldn't do it either.
  11. letsdance101

letsdance101 Member

I for one don't want to do it, but the other four people in my group do and they still need me in it... Well that's what you would think purr that the song thing would be decided on a long time ago. The problem is that our song was approved in march but then somebody else ended up picking the same song (later than us I might add) and since that person is paying s lot more to perform, obviously that person gets priority.
  12. Lioness

Three shifts in a weekend, followed by a full day of uni and another mid-dawn.

Remind me why I do this...?
  13. fascination

short term cash, long-term security
    Joe and Sania like this.
  14. stash

stash Well-Known Member

My parents miss informed me about the days we will be going on Vacation, which made me miss inform coach that travels down to teach us.... They swear they told me the right dates, but they didn't. I asked them a bunch to, so that I could make plans accordingly. Now it doesn't completely mess it up, but I am turning into a very angry squid of anger....
  15. Aura

Aura Active Member

Whine for today: PDA is well and good when done in moderation and in consideration for others around you. I don't mind that you enjoy a quick kiss with the missus, far from it. But, please refrain from doing it every couple of minutes and/or seconds, especially during group class. Other people are trying to learn what they can in this short time period, and it certainly does not help my focus when I tilt my head left in dance position, and I see you two playing a quick game of tonsil hockey.
  16. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

:D
  17. fascination

probably catching a cold and no ability to stay home and rest
  18. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

When did social media like Facebook become the preferred method for announcing dance class cancellations??? Some of us can't actually access Facebook at work...
    stash and cornutt like this.
  19. Lioness

Lecturer is using all sorts of jargon and complicated sentence structures...this is a new subject to me and it's all going over my head...what's going on.

Hoping the readings are more plainly worded.
  20. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

not enough whining going on..:p

I had two nightmares last night; in the second I was in a mafia movie and a woman was about to get murdered ...:(