Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I will bet this is about your work....my husband always has that when he is stressed about work...I honestly dreamed about dancing
  2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Ok, this is not really a whine - it's more like why would a lead do this? I went to my studio's party Saturday night, and a lead that I hadn't danced with before asked me dance cha cha. He opens with this silver DVIDA figure; he doesn't lead it that well, but I recognize it anyway. He pulls out a couple of other advanced moves during the dance. At the end, he tells me what a good dancer I am.

My thing is this - why would a lead pull out advanced moves at the start, with a dancer he doesn't know, that may or may know be able to follow them. If you're a lead trying to show off, maybe, if that's the goal. I think it would be a better plan to open with some basic stuff, and if that goes well, then try something advanced.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

hes a one trick pony !! he prolly leads all the ladies in the same sequence

its like the guy that does his comp routines at a social with his pro ... I wanna deck him:eek:
    Purr likes this.
  4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I can no longer eat chocolate.

and if that's not worth whining over, what is?
  5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

That sucks big time :(
    j_alexandra likes this.
  6. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

" I don't know what Celotex is" - my b**hole

eek you are an architect and you don't remember the name of a major insulation brand name?

WTF
  7. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Nooooo!!! If that doesn't stink, I don't know what does. *where is the 'dislike' button?*
    j_alexandra likes this.
  8. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

It might be that he's just learned those patterns and wants to see if he can lead them with someone who wasn't in the class with him and doesn't know what's coming. Maybe he saw you dancing with others and noted that you are an advanced dancer. Or, yeah, maybe he just does his comp routines with everyone he dances with. Did you watch him dance with anyone else?
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Allergy?
  10. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

But your ginger snaps more than make up for that! I would gladly give up chocolate for your sinfully delicious ginger snaps!
    j_alexandra and fascination like this.
  11. fascination

ginger snaps?...now you're talking
  12. j_alexandra

No, just discomfort. I don't like it any more, and it doesn't sit well with me. IMHO, this is a disaster.
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Mebbe a different type or brand will feel better in your body...
  14. fascination

also, not every food intolerance behaves like an allergy but can still possibly be treated...most of my husbands issues were cleared up by his acid reflux med
  15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

The group class before the party was rumba, not cha cha. Usually bronze patterns are taught in the group classes, not the silver patterns. He may have picked up the pattern from another class, or possibly from the DVIDA videos that are available online.

The cha cha happened very early in the party, and I don't think I had danced with anyone else yet. I saw him dancing with other follows, and my feeling is he was trying to show off all he knew. Other advanced leads attend the parties, but usually they have the sense to start out with basics with a follow they don't know, before moving onto advanced patterns if the follow seems like she can handle the basics.
  16. j_alexandra

so far, no. alas. have tried the finest Belgian; organic; M&M's; et al. nuttin', honey. woe, misery; misery, woe! can't even smell it. Woe! Woe!
  17. Sania

Sania Active Member

So sorry!
    j_alexandra likes this.
  18. bia

bia Active Member

On April 23, I placed the textbook orders for the classes I'm teaching this fall. I know this, because that's what the email confirmations say. But apparently "confirmation" doesn't mean what I thought it meant, since the bookstore has no record of any books being ordered for one of my classes. They now have a whole week and a half to get hold of the books. Oh well, better to discover it now than on the first day of class, I suppose.
  19. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Not sure how to tell my coworker that she makes bad coffee...I've had a lot of my regular customers say it...they complain that it's bitter and too hot...and I watch her. She burns the coffee grounds by leaving the handle in too long before starting the coffee, and she burns the milk too.

Problem is we've just got a new manager and I don't want to sound whiny...and because I'm more experienced he sends me out to do orders/price checks etc. on the shop floor, so she ends up making coffee 40% of the time.

That's 40% of my regulars getting a bad coffee every morning...I don't know what to do.
  20. fascination

you have to take care of it...not fun...but have to do it