Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

my samsung glaxy ace has decided it can't send texts to one particular person :(

if anyone has a solution please let me know
  2. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

back at work /home for dementia sufferers; contractor rings up about job we did a couple of years back.

1. I said it wasnt going ahead. boss asks what job was that ******* Farm.? oh no idea what that was ; well only an office extension for a recycling company;
    2. "Has client phoned?" (yes he had; my desk is 2 yards from boss and I had convesration with client who wanted drawings sent to new address)
    oh send him the drawings then, "oh we don't have compliment slips do we a short note then" I wrote him a letter last week with the same drawings and told you..
    3. Client sends ownership plan but not to the scale we require so boss spends an hour fiddling with it to get it to the right scale - because he didn't ask for the correct scale and added an extra zero 1:12500 instead of 1:1250!! then fiddles another hour because the OS is different from the survey...

WTF and oy vay... :(
  3. bia

bia Active Member

I just discovered that a work conflict (and a big stressful one, at that) will keep me from the next comp we had planned on. And we don't do very many, so it's a big impact on our dance lives. And I was looking forward to seeing my parents, who live near the comp. I like my work (and, oh, yeah, need my work), but really, does it have to get in the way of our dancing?!
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Working every morning at 5.30am is taking a serious toll on my sleeping pattern.

Getting, at most, 5 hours of sleep a night. I'm just so incredibly tired, but I've got Uni all day, so I can't sleep.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my sympathy...life totally bites without enough sleep...I cannot function that way...my husband can...but I cannot
  6. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

White Chocolate? powdered sugar, butter of some sort and milk, of some sort. (cause white chocolate is, obviously, not really chocolate chocolate.
  7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Maybe soy chocolate might help?

Anywho we had a merger this year within the agency to put two institutes together. However, when they did the budgets last year, they were set up as if the institutes would be separate (even though they knew that they would be put together). So our ledger has both the old accounting codes, and the new accounting codes that we are currently using. And guess what? Stuff ended up on the old accounting codes... yay! We've known this for awhile, and have been working on doing all the necessary transfers, but my boss yesterday pulls a report that shows the status of funds according to the ledger for the old accounting codes. And guess what?? Some aren't at 0 like they should be. What's worse.... Is that my boss sent of the accounting techs to me to ask if I knew what was going on with one of the accounts.... I don't work in the accounts every day, that's his job. I do random transfers when the techs ask me. He should know this....

But no, he's been his job for a year and can't remember squat of anything we have trained him. And he's suppose to have prior experience with handling accounts before. An accounting tech's job is not hard. Important yes, hard no.

The silver lining in all this, is that I can be hired non-competitively full time when I graduate.
  8. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I have a really bad sinus headache and have to go to work on a Saturday night still. I am not a happy camper.
  9. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Please be forewarned or a rant
    My new roommate is addicted to small kitchen appliances. But actually. In the last 4 days a huge pressure cooker/slow cooker/rice cooker, an actual rice cooker, an electric tea kettle, and my personal favorite, a soy milk maker, have appeared in our kitchen. Not sure why we couldn't use the multifunctional pressure cooker for rice and the microwave instead of the electric tea kettle, but I have got to find a way to tactfully get it all off the counters or it is going to drive me bonkers and we haven't even made it through 1 month yet. Also she has bought enough food to feed a family of 4 for a month. I already had to kick her out of 1 of the 2 vegetable crispers in the fridge so I wouldn't have soggy veggies. And she keeps leaving her stuff on the bathroom counter.
    End rant.
    I think I'm going to try to talk to her about what our expectations in terms of apartment cleanliness are tomorrow
  10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

11. bia

bia Active Member

Yes, very good idea. And in fact would have been a good idea even if she weren't already doing things that bother you. You know this, but just a reminder -- try not to let your rant-worthy frustration into the conversation. I once had a roommate blow up at me about thermostat settings when she had never once mentioned her preferences for thermostat settings. Just one of the many little things she hated about me but would never bring up calmly. It was such an enormous relief when that year was over and I could be in my apartment without feeling resented.
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  12. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

I have to work 3 nights this week...whine
  13. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Had the conversation with her this morning. Went very well I think. We reached a compromise that satisfied both parties- the giant muklti cooker thing will live in hall closet when not being used, rice cooker on top of the fridge, tea kettle near microwave and soymilk maker under the sink. I'm very proud of my self for having the conversation and framing it as "I'm a super neat freak and I would really appreciate it if you would accommodate me" rather than " you stink at life and I hate you" because she is actually a nice girl. Bia- I would have had the conversation earlier except between my vacation and her vacation we've only been in the apartment together 2 nights. Good thing we took care of it early. Turns out communication really does work:)
    bia and fascination like this.
  14. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Uni is getting crazy hard so naturally I'm having heated arguments with my lecturers over stupid attendance requirements, eating too much, and getting sad and stressed.
  15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I'm shocked--shocked!--that lecturers actually want you to attend their lectures! :eek:
  16. Aura

Aura Active Member

Uni started today, but I actually don't have classes on Monday this semester. That's a plus. The minus is that, socially speaking, my heart needs a rest.
  17. bia

bia Active Member

Yup. You may of course feel that you don't get anything out of the lectures. But do recognize that it is highly insulting to tell someone that their job and the time and effort they put into it is worthless. (One of my least favorite student questions: "I wasn't in class yesterday. Did I miss anything?" Oh, no, not at all, I just stood up there and babbled about nothing for an hour and a half.) That said, I'm sorry you're stressed and sad. Do try to breathe!
  18. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, some put very little effort into their lectures, and you might as well just read the textbook. Having spent some time in the academic environment, I was dumbstruck when I overheard one of the professors say she hadn't prepared for that day's lecture yet. Unacceptable. And she didn't seem to feel guilty or bad about it.
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

That's OK, her students probably hadn't prepared for it either.
  20. bia

bia Active Member

Sure, that's where I was going with "you may of course feel you don't get anything out of the lectures." I have no idea whether they're worth her time or not. I just meant that it's not strategically productive to argue with these possibly useless lecturers about their attendance policies, because in doing so, you're telling them to their face that they're useless, and whether it's accurate or not, most people don't like that. Plus, whatever the reason the attendance policy is in place, it's hard to convincingly make an argument that you're more special than the other students and therefore the rules shouldn't apply to you. So, you go to class or not; if not, you know that in making that choice, you're subject to the penalties of the attendance policy, and you decide if the extra time you get that way is worth the penalty.