Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. bboyeddy

bboyeddy New Member

where is the old whining thread?

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I agree; I see a lot less of that these days. What I do see is two things: (1) all lower case with no punctuation, and (2) people who don't cross-check what autocomplete and autocorrect come up with. I used to work with someone who would send texts where she always accepted the first autocomplete suggestion without checking. Her texts were unreadable. Every time one of us in the office got a text from her, we'd have a conference to try to figure out what she meant.

Lioness likes this.
  3. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I dislike dealing with people who don't know how to write a simple business email. It should be brief and friendly, not two or three uncapitalized sentence fragments of brusque communication. Maybe typographic sensitivity needs to be introduced to business classes. Am I mistaken, or did most of us have "how to write a letter" in addition to "extracting sentiment from context" in about the third grade?

Lioness likes this.
  4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

The Australian version of Mitt Romney just got elected to be Australia's Prime Minister.

Not happy.

5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So...he's Mormon?

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  6. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Uh-Oh.

7. Hedwaite

Whine: Professional, local news outlets don't know how to proofread, correct errors, or follow a logical story structure for their printed or online content. What are they learning while obtaining their journalism instruction, if not journalism?

8. Lioness

Remind myself not to panic and say something dumb. Note to self, just because I am frustrated with BF now does not mean I am always frustrated with him. I am angrier at myself. I do not need to go "screw this, I'll move out" or anything related, because I am happy here, and I need to learn to not plan my ability to study on having the house to myself. I am angrier at myself for making stupid excuses and for procrastinating all day, not at BF for deciding not to go out this evening.

Need to chill.

9. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

*Nothing* has gone according to plan so far today! All three kiddos were late, I had to go back to the elementary school bc I forgot it was picture day and didn't send money, and then coach called and cancelled my hours this morning bc she isn't feeling well. I was really looking forward to working w her, and now have to squeeze it in tomorrow around my time w my regular instructor.

At a total loss for what to do with myself in the four hours between now and my lesson w Standard pro, which is ridiculous, bc I never have enough minutes in my day.

Sigh.

10. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Got an email from one of the study coordinators in a clinical trial in which I am enrolled (to make dolla dolla bills for lessons). Apparently I can't do the study because the principal investigator is also my professor and its a conflict of interest. Which is all well and good but means I'm out $160 I was counting on for lessons this month.

11. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

My jaw and tooth are hurting more and more. I broke a tooth about two weeks ago and have been too chicken to go to the dentist. I know, i am terribl:pain:

12. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Yikes, those can get infections that can travel. You may end up having to have it extracted if you don't take care of it sooner rather than later.

13. chachachacat

Thanks, mindputtee. I'm gathering my courage to call tomorrow.

14. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Do please take care of it. You are the only one here whom I have actually met personally. Despite that fact, this is something that is very important and that you need to take care of. Do please take care of yourself.

chachachacat likes this.
  15. Shades

Shades New Member

Lesson time goes by way too fast. Also, there aren't enough hours in my day.

D:

16. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

You gotta do it. Take it from a dentistry veteran. You name it, if it involves dentistry up to an including having your jaw broken and relocated, I've had it done. :rolleyes:

17. Hedwaite

Once in awhile, I look up and spot frightening trends within society's subcultures that worries me, but that I can't do anything about. It's alarming and discouraging to see so many otherwise intelligent, decent, even likeable people so seemingly brainwashed to the point that their inability to grasp the obvious is almost offensive. They don't question what they're being fed, they just go on and propagate shallow ignorance for the sake of being validated by the rest of the group. They don't even realize that they belong to specific demographics that are frequently targeted and exploited as long as they get some validation from it. I don't think they want to see it, maybe. I want to say that I'm glad they're happy so long as they aren't hurting anyone, so I guess schisms exist for a reason, and as long as the people on either side of the divide are happy doing what they're doing, that's all that matters. The problem isn't with them, it's with me for having difficulty accepting that, and I don't know why. I'm struggling with no small degree of frustration to be a better person about things like this, and I'm not so sure I've made any progress.

18. chachachacat

Okay! I have an appointment for tomorrow. Thanks for all the support, everyone!

cornutt likes this.
  19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

see a psychiatrist.........or psychologist there are tools to help you develop a rosier outlook:cool:

or at least self tolerance

20. Lioness

20 minutes until my nose piercing...and I'm terrified. I'm feeling nauseous and about ready to bolt for the hills.
    I want this...I'm just really bad with needles...and pain...