Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

New Prime Minister just announced his ministry...one woman.

Good lord I need to join politics and fix this.

Sania likes this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

llamas; well, the level she is dancing has nothing to do with whether or not her skill is greater or less than yours...that being said, it was still an astonishingly SH*TTY thing of her to do

Sania and FancyFeet like this.
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

How incredibly rude.

4. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Noted, and I apologize if I offended anyone. In fact, one of the technically most sound couples on my old team always dance silver. I was just so frustrated I didn't really think it through

5. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

This is COMPLETELY un-cool. I'd be more than frustrated if it were me.

Sadly, I know a woman who would do exactly that to me, if I ever had an amateur partner when she didn't. So, I know the type.

6. fascination

not to worry...was meant as more of a clarification than a ruffled feather...I dance gold now :)

7. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

thanks guys. I guess the flip side is that I have a super awesome partner who dealt with it appropriately- guess it could be a lot worse!

8. fascination

first mouse of the season....grumble grumble...we live in the woods so they come in when it starts getting cold...and, while it is true that the cats generally take care of it...sometimes that is a bigger PITA than simply co-existing with them

Purr likes this.
  9. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I'm surrounded by cornfields, so they check in and out year round. I know it's terribly inhumane and awful, and there's a place in hell reserved for me for this and for my wardrobe, but those horrible glue-traps are the only things they can't outsmart.

I'd ask The Cat to help, but she cannot be troubled, and I shall be damned for asking.

j_alexandra likes this.
  10. fascination

our boy cat actually means to play with them....but when they no longer wriggle, he is just as happy to eat them...and I would imagine that he feels just the same about me...I am not sure that what he does to those poor mice is any more humane than a glue trap, but, with the cat, I feel absolved from the issue....

stash and Purr like this.
  11. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's good to have a middle-man.

12. dancelvr

:(

13. dancelvr

I live on acreage out in a rural area. I have six indoor cats (who, as a group, probably haven't seen a mouse in their lives) and one feral outdoor kitty who is a master hunter. I've lived out here for almost 9 years, and have NEVER had a mouse in the house....ever. It's mouse heaven out here. Go figure.

Oh yeah...and when I had a very big name 'pest control' company come out to my place to take care of the carpenter ants (which they didn't really....I eventually took care of them myself)....ask them about the phone call they got when I found glue traps in my crawl space? Just ask. That manager's ears are probably still burning. They never dared do THAT again...ever....right up until the time I fired them. Gads...their philosophy was...KILL EVERYTHING...even though I'd never expressed a problem with any critter other than the carpenter ants. *sigh*

14. Dupont

Dupont Member

The cats' smell, in all corners, repels the mice.

15. dancelvr

Call this a whine, or maybe it's just a rant.....but gosh darnit!....people who release domestic rabbits out into the wild to fend for themselves should be shot. I live in a rural area, and I can't count how many domestic rabbits I've had to, either comfort while they are dying from being hit by a car or, lift their dead carcasses off the road after they are killed. I came across another tonight who was quite young, but definitely domestic, and who was hanging out near the road I drive to get home from work. I'm going back to that area for the next three nights (I have off from work) and see if I can catch him/her. Some people just make me want to scream.....truly.

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Hasenpfeffer!

17. dancelvr

Even as a vegetarian, I HAD to laugh at this! :)

j_alexandra likes this.
  18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

19. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Our problem is not mice coming in by their own means. It's my cat bringing in the mice, sometimes still alive, as presents...

Anywho my whine of the day is my parents threatening me to start paying rent because i stayed over at my friend's place instead of driving home while intoxicated.... Or at least that's the short story of it...

20. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

you should be honored that you are deemed worthy of such a magnificent trophy

llamasarefuzzy likes this.