Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

You might be better off dancing on your own or working with one of those advanced guys (for practice partnership). They may advertise that they want to practice 5x a week, but that stuff can be negotiated. Like you can compromise it to 3x a week. Because it's practice partnership, it's not a full commitment on either person. He could still keep an eye out for another available lady and you can take off when you have to for your work.

Lioness likes this.
  2. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

lightinthebox, you have crap slow shipping. I don't want to wait until October for my fancytastic cheapo hot pink shoes. I want them nownownow.

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Don't forget to stamp your foot.

Hedwaite likes this.
  4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Haven't I replaced the ballast in every single fluorescent fixture in the house yet? #cheap_Chinese_capacitors

5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I share a bathroom with two other people.

Have only just realised that it's BF who keeps putting the toiler paper roll on the wrong way.

Help I don't know if I can deal with this for the rest of my life

(Only being a little facetious...)

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  6. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Mount the holder vertically.

Either that or tear the whole roll into individual sheets and put them in an empty facial tissue box.

You're welcome.

Lioness likes this.
  7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

There's still a wrong way mounted vertically. ;)

Gorme and stash like this.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I could never deal with anyone who cared about it that much my entire life :)

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

If this is your only issue with BF, count your blessings. Really, it's just toilet paper, that in the end you're flushing away.

Lioness likes this.
  10. Lioness

Mostly joking...and he doesn't make a fuss when I turn it around. Counting all of my blessings.

11. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Woke up sick this morning :(

Was really hoping that I'd manage to avoid the cold that's making the rounds at the studio and at work, but apparently that's not happening.

12. Aura

Aura Active Member

*Sigh* Sometime I don't get the way people drive, and I'm not going to even try to understand it. I was driving home from college to run errands when a black truck came on my right side. We were parallel with each other, and I was going the speed limit. He apparently wanted to get into my lane, but I couldn't tell if due to our position. Instead of slowing down to get behind me, or goosing it to get in front of me, he proceeds to scare me out of the lane I'm in by shifting over to where I am. Of course, I'm afraid our sides will crash up against each other, so I jerk out of the lane. He gets in the lane I was in then proceeds to flip me off.

Perhaps I should have been more aware. Perhaps I should have been the one to speed up or slow down. But come on, don't almost cause an accident by bullying me out of my lane, then acting as if I'm the one who almost caused it. :(

13. Hedwaite

Gripe of the day:
    Adults who take food into areas of someone's home they shouldn't, and then drop it all over the carpet and leave it there for someone else to pick up. Then, while I'm cleaning it up, they wander up and ask "What're you doing? Why?" Because I like to clean up after inconsiderate, uninvited jackasses, that's why, of course.

14. Hedwaite

And PS: Aura- People stink. They stink worse behind the wheel of a vehicle.

nikkitta likes this.
  15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

this is one of those things that continues to worry me...as people get less and less social and more insular, they seem to objectify others...you stop being a human being and are just some dumba__ in their way...I see this increasingly in people not bothering to signal...then being po-ed because I can't read their minds...or in people punishing me for signaling by speeding up and not allowing me to switch lanes...and in a thousand other ways on and off the road...it's alarming....I worry about the direction of the world and the lack of civility....I truly do...and go ahead and call me granny now

Gorme and stash like this.
  16. Lioness

I hate trucks...used to drive to school down a road that was on a truck route, but on suburban road...trucks got crazy, changing lanes quickly, etc. Now I'm at the point that I'd rather get a speeding fine than sit next to a truck.

17. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Then call me a 21yo granny too. Cuz I feel the exact same way.

Gorme and Lioness like this.
  18. Lioness

Thank goodness I got paid today because I have to go find BF a birthday present and he just says he doesn't want anything! Say that one more time, and I'll buy you a kitten. And you really don't want that (because it will be mine)

stash likes this.
  19. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Why not treat him to dinner or some other favorite activity? I'm sure he would value the time spent with you.

Lioness likes this.
  20. Hedwaite

1. Kidney infection.
    2. Studio has turned into glorified daycare with kids crawling all over the place.
    3. People at the studio have serious case of self-entitled "Dance Mom-Zilla"
    4. My family has that one token parasite that wrecks things for other people and doesn't care.
    5. My cat has one of those "stop pickin' at it!" spots under her neck.
    Can't win for losing. Tomorrow's a fun day, though, so that's something. And I have a brownie.