Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Stupid latex gloves didn't hold up in the thumbs, so now I have black-walnut-stained thumbs. (Refer to Cooking From Scratch thread.)
    If anybody is looking to formulate a new self-tanner for dancers, I recommend incorporating black walnut stain into the ingredients.

2. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

It's already an active component in some of the at-home aerosol sprays. I've found it adds an olivine tinge though. I guess green's still better than white to the judges?

3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Whining...re: impending federal shutdown

4. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

My ipod died after 9 years. Which is fine, because its old, but I just paid all my comp registration fees for OSB (expensive, or at least more so than collegiate) and Chicago. So I am poor now. grrr..

5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I've woken up with a headache pretty much every day for the last few days. It wasn't too bad, but it was really interfering with practice today, despite taking ibuprofen.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

same here ...think it may be allergy/sinus.....nothing is working

7. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

In less than two hours, I should find out if my pay stops tomorrow.....argh. *sigh*

stash likes this.
  8. dancelvr

Wow. As of tomorrow, I am working without pay. Wonder how long this will last? :(

(I was going to go into a rant about the pinheads in DC, but will refrain......for now.)

9. Hedwaite

Altoids, folks. Specifically, peppermint Altoids Smalls in the red tin. Two at a time keeps your pipes clean.

I have to admit that I think I'm actually addicted to them for srs, though. I go through nine tins per month. That habit is almost as expensive as smokes were back in the early nineties. I could have worse habits, I guess, but I don't like to be "dependent" on anything, so I've tried to cut back so my tastebuds can regrow.

10. Hedwaite

What the F... I was just doing my "My skin sucks, so I have this regimen" regimen, and found a pinky-sized patch of red capillary damage on the side of my nose. Great. I have oily T-zone, bone-dry elsewhere, am Cullen Family pale without the sparkle, so there's basically NOTHING I can put on my face that won't cause it to redden and peel moreso, unless I spend eighty bucks.

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I'd bet a year's pay it's your diet. :)

Hedwaite and dancelvr like this.
  12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Who says you have to work? ;)

dancelvr likes this.
  13. dancelvr

Well, as the mission of my job is one of Homeland Security as well as public service in the form of taking and dispatching 911 calls, I 'kinda gotta' work.

We also found out that, since all the secretary-types in our headquarters building were told not to come to work, we have been delegated all the switchboard responsibilities as well. I'm doing two jobs without pay until this is resolved. Woohoo! :meh:

14. Hedwaite

I haven't quite gotten down the eat-like-a-rabbit, drink-like-a-fish routine of most dancers yet. Still working on that.

15. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Thank you for this btw! I tried some allergy/sinus headache medication and while not 100%, it's a vast improvement! I've never really had seasonal allergies so I didn't even think about that.

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Well, mebbe just getting off the fast food & aspartame, for starters...:p

17. Hedwaite

Oh, I hate aspartame. It's only real high-fructose corn syrup for me! :-D

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Check the ingredients on those Altoids, just to be sure...

19. Hedwaite

I'm not much of a label-scrutineer, but I did check Altoids since I consume so many of them. The main reason I switched to Smalls a couple years ago is because they don't contain gelatin. They're also sweetened with sucralose instead of saccharin or aspartame. I wouldn't object to aspartame if it didn't taste absolutely awful and leave a bitter after-taste as well.

Another thing I check for is non-olive-derived squalane in cosmetics. I can eat a half a cow at a time, but squeeze a baby shark for its liver juice, and I object for some reason. I also found that Missha BB creams have "slug slime" as one of their components. Nice.

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Sucralose isn't much better. Just sayin'. :)

Sania likes this.