Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I'm pretty good at the last part. :D

2. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I've got that second part down pat. :rolleyes:

Joe likes this.
  3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Going to be AWOL for a while...I have two days to finish a 1000 word research proposal that's had its due date moved forward two weeks, a 2000 word essay that's overdue because I was sick, and a latin dress I need to make before my lesson Friday night so I can practise in it before the comp in two weeks.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

good luck...come back soon

5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

And lay off the chocolate bars!

6. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

7. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I broke down yesterday and ordered my tux for my dad's wedding this December. A *rental tux*. From *Men's Wearhouse*. Eww.

This hobby may have turned me into a wee bit of a formalwear snob.

:p

Gorme, Sania, cornutt and 1 other person like this.
  8. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I'm really tired of people calling themselves clumsy or accident prone, when really, they're just careless, don't respect other people enough to think of the repercussions of their actions, and won't plan ahead.

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

dancelvr likes this.
  10. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

federal employee eh??

dancelvr likes this.
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Bwaha. Nope. Glad to report my employer values my services sufficiently to have planned how to pay for them.

So far, anyway.

cornutt likes this.
  12. Hedwaite

So bummed. My favorite local restaurant is having to close its doors. Go ahead and appoint yourself my personal dietician and say"Good,"- whatever, you're entitled to that, but for me, this isn't actually about the food itself- it was one of those cozy, warm, friendly places who could do things right, keep things clean, the clientele wasn't a bunch of mouthy, boozed-up peroxided twentysomethings, and it didn't have weirdly-named appetizers. It'd been there for a couple decades or more, and was one of those celebratory "So and so's in town/ Got good grades/ Hooray for first this or that" places you took someone when something meant something and only a sirloin and a baked potato the size of a dachsund would suffice. I actually ate salad there, too. I think I may cry.

13. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Dear Telemarketers,

I am already getting a degree in the arts. I do not need to keep getting calls asking me if I want to do this. Also after I say hello for the first time, please start talking. I don't appreciate having to say hello 3 times in a row to get a stupid response out of you. You called me, not the other way around.

Sincerely,
    Happy Studio Art Major and astronomy minor

14. Hedwaite

But don't you know? With a degree from the University of Phoenix, you can get a job anywhere!

15. stash

stash Well-Known Member

LOL it wasn't even from Phoenix, it was like from Futurecareers.com :p I think I might have signed up to see internships or something. Go figure.

16. Hedwaite

I seriously thought I had a dead mouse. I tore the place apart looking for it, when I realized that the smell was coming from someplace different altogether, but it was so powerfully terrible that it just seemed to be everywhere.

... It appears that certain cheap ballet flats have a very terrible and noxious black dye that, when mixed with normal sweaty foot funk, turns into a poisonous gas that smells like cadaver, buttermilk, and fritos chunked into a bag and left in the desert.

Good lord. I thought Skrillex lived in my closet.

MUST find something to combat dance-shoe-funk. Cedar balls time.

cornutt likes this.
  17. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Talked with coach about frustrations with DP. He's gonna keep an eye out for even just a Latin partner, because tbh that's the main problem DP has in terms of getting "the look". Either way, we've agreed that my plan to wait until I'm going overseas to break up is a good plan. If I find a Latin partner, well, I don't think DP will mind not doing latin with me.

cornutt and nikkitta like this.
  18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Hand wash in the bathtub. Works great, provided these aren't patent leathers...

Hedwaite likes this.
  19. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

How can I still be fighting the same bug? I've had it for almost 2 full weeks - and while I've been better-ish for a week, I'm still coughing (esp. at night), dealing with the loss of my voice, sore back muscles, and reduced energy. This has severly curtailed my practice time, and that's after I had to take about 4 days completely off last week. I have a comp in a week... I need to be better already!

20. Hedwaite

The worst of my bug was gone in four days, but I can't shake the itchy-throat cough that hangs around. Been using dark hot chocolate, and then giving in to lozenges once in awhile, but I hate the taste/feel.