Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

:p

2. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Sat out every single Tango this evening. It's my favorite. Sad. :(

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

and THAT, is why I never go social dancing

4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Both of you ladies need to come to north Alabama. ;)

SwayWithMe likes this.
  5. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

:( It's becoming far too dependent on exactly who is in attendance on a given night. There is a downside to living in a small town.

6. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Whining...here, because I feel like I have to stink it up everywhere else...I just want one day, ONE DAY, of my weekend where I do not have to constantly think about this government shutdown that had me in crisis mode all of last week and now, apparently, working all weekend from home as I am bombarded with emails and texts from my boss and co-workers to take action every time there is a news article printed on CNN or Fox News that MIGHT hint at some movement next week. But, no. No mental time off, and all dancing on hold for the foreseeable future until the paycheck starts flowing again. NOt fair!!

Whew! Whining over. Back to work. :rolleyes:

7. fascination

8. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Bleah, super-tired this morning. I had had the weekend off (no lesson in Nashville, no rounds on Sunday), so this is NOT the way I was hoping to feel this morning. But then, I've been sleeping pretty terribly, no doubt to the way my caffeine intake has been creeping up the last few weeks. Ah well, I'd really needed to go on a bit of a health kick anyways. Dialing back the caffeine to get my sleep cycle back on track should be part of that anyways.

9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Trying very hard to resist the urge to say "I TOLD YOU SO" to my boss, who submitted a manuscript minus the edits I suggested. It was rejected. One reviewer deemed it poorly written and grammatically incorrect.

Yes, and yes. But what do I know... :rolleyes:

10. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

my apartment building's hallway smells like a dumpster. Not sure why- usually it just smells like funny food. Now it is starting to get into my apartment. Also not sure why, because the funny smells usually just stay out in the hall, so I don't even have to worry about it. Fortunately my room is still safe because 1)I keep my door closed and 2) I frequently both air my room out and burn candles.
    Had to open all sorts of new air freshners. Also opened the window in the living room. Although it will be cold, hopefully it won't smell bad.

11. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Was exhausted after my 10 hour shift at work today, so fell asleep on the couch when I got home. Now.....I will NOT get a good night's sleep for work tomorrow. (Obviously, as I'm posting in the middle of the night.) Argh. I HATE the day shift. *sigh*

12. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Adobe products are not very intuitive.... Makes it very hard to do work outside of class... GAH!!

Also, truckers planning on blocking the beltway in order to boycott congress... Traffic is going to be great this weekend.

13. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I had a great day, got in late as usual, and was bombarded immediately by some family chaos. I hate two things above nearly everything else: Bullies and addicts who know they have a problem and won't change because they feel entitled to be jackasses. The ripple effects are immeasurable and lasting, and you can fight to keep it from bleeding over into other areas of your life all you want, but it still manages to dirty things up one way or another.

14. fascination

dreadful day yesterday...all I have time to say about it...

15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Running on about 4 hours' sleep a night :(

16. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Also no-one told me that fully stoning an E cup takes WAY longer than stoning a C cup...this is taking SO long.

17. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

What if you put the dress on, put glue where you want, fill a bathtub with stones, and dive in?

chachachacat likes this.
  18. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Be glad it's just one cup!
    I'd say use bigger stones, but the price goes up exponentially...

19. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I have a friend who says I should just shoot stones from a shotgun onto my dress. If I could figure out how to make them all land right side up I'd totally do it...

20. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Ugh nightmares about adobe illustrator... You know you are frustrated when those start happening.