Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. stash

stash Well-Known Member

*Headdesk* friend is dumpee of relationship of 2 months, would still go back to him if he called and changed his mind, even though he broke up over the phone cuz he didn't have guts to tell her in person that he couldn't handle long distance. Hope she stays strong. Spineless dirtbags should be avoided, no matter how nice you think they are.
  2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

BF is sick and now I must go take care of him after classes. Love him and want to make him feel better, but I know Imma get sick because of it.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

right......and I am not meaning to sound like I am chiding you for your right to feel that way and post it here...it just kind of reminded me of a consequent irk and about what I try to do about it...sorry about that
  4. fascination

yea but it's always easier to get over your friend's spineless dirt bag than it is to get over your own...when it's your own, sometimes you have to keep letting him hurt you until you get tired of it...not sure why...but ...seems to be how it goes...women in particular seem to have a rough time getting the concept of "when someone treats you badly, they mean it"
  5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

The newbie lead I mentioned in a previous post did the same thing with a couple of other follows, including one teacher, that he did with me. After thinking about it, I would have been willing to give him another chance if he'd shown up again at a social dance, but he didn't. I'm sure you're right he was oblivious to me dancing with someone else, thinking that our bad dance was my fault.
  6. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Do people not know how to ask questions anymore? Just fielded a lond, rambling work call about a minor issue from about 2 months ago where I asked - three seperate times - "what is your question?". I'm still not entirely clear on what they wanted, but they're going to forward me an e-mail chain, so hopefully I can piece it together from that. Grr.
  7. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

My internet at home is broken. Company says its a miswire and wants to charge $90 to come out and fix it. Really? I don't think our internet cables randomly rewired themselves poorly after 3 months of fine internet. Also, they can't come until friday. Gonna punch someone in the face.
    dancelvr and chomsky like this.
  8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Kitty is currently residing at the veterinary hospital, awaiting surgery. His liver and other organs are fine, thank goodness. But, his mouth is full of infected abscesses. This all came on so quickly! Poor baby has to have ALL of his teeth removed. At least my wonderful vet is boarding him free of charge, so he can fit the surgery into his schedule as soon as he has the infection under control. Poor baby. But, he will come out of it all healthy, pain free, and will adjust nicely to the circumstances.
    SwayWithMe, llamasarefuzzy and Sania like this.
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Yeah I know. And I'm here for her.
    fascination likes this.
  10. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Have a meeting with DP tomorrow to talk about partnership stuff...I'm a little nervous...but we've been through a romantic breakup, and we can get through this.
    fascination likes this.
  11. fascination

Lio...own this...it is time for HIM to be his best self....hug
    nikkitta and Lioness like this.
  12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So it's a liquid diet from here on out?
  13. fascination

canned food...I am guessing
  14. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Cats can still eat kibble with no teeth. But dry food is bad for them anyway, so it's best to stick with canned food.
  15. dancelvr

He'll be on a strained canned diet for two weeks, while his gums heal. Then, softened kibble will gradually be introduced while the gums harden. My vet says the gums become bone-like in time, and crunching kibble is not a problem. I went through something similar with another of my senior cats, and he was right. Kibble is no problem.

Well, unless your cat lets you floss for him/her, canned food causes significantly more dental problems than dry kibble. And, two of my cats can't tolerate canned food because of the fat content.
    SwayWithMe likes this.
  16. nikkitta

http://www.catinfo.org/#Dental_Disease

And tell that to my dry kibble-addict cat who had almost all of his teeth removed :(. Claiming that kibble helps to clean cats' teeth is like telling humans to eat cookies to clean theirs. But a further problem with dry kibble is its high carbohydrate content, which is not good in any cat's diet. Raw is ideal, but... :eek: I've bought pre-made raw, but thinking of making it myself makes me want to (where-is-that-vomiting-emoticon).
    Sania likes this.
  17. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Re: cat food, for what it's worth:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2387258/

(The tl;dr version of the article is that the data it cites suggests that dry food is probably ok and that overfeeding and underactivity are the real risk factors for most cats.)
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    dancelvr likes this.
  18. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Well, I probably didn't say all that I wanted to say.

My plan was to bring up the communication issues we have and all that, but I didn't.

I pretty much said that there weren't enough comps left before I leave to move up a level anyway, and that to me it made no sense to dance together those 6 months just for the sake of it. I suggested that using that time to dance with his GF would be the best use, and he agreed. Next comp, November 24th, will be our last comp together. We talked about him helping me run the uni club next year, with him helping me teach/demo for the beginners. That way we still stay in contact. He's still one of my best friends...I don't want to lose that.
  19. dancelvr

We could debate this cat food talk forever. And, I'm not up to that right now. Kitty wasn't perking up after the gum infection treatment, so vet did some blood work. He's also got serous kidney issues. It's 50/50 now if I can save him or not. The next couple of days will tell the tale.
  20. nikkitta

:( I'm so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I've had to deal with kidney issues in a couple of my cats too. But in many cases they can live for years with proper treatment and diet. Try not to lose hope. http://www.felinecrf.org/
    dancelvr likes this.