Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Thank you.
  2. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Aww, I'm super-sorry to hear that. I hope it works out for your kitty.
    dancelvr and fascination like this.
  3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

OK, how many of you have more than 2 cats?
  4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I used to have 3 cats.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

only two here...dh would divorce me if I got a third...he already merely tolerates these two...I have had three dogs before but they were huskies and lived outdoors so I suppose that doesn't really count
  6. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I am what I believe the Engineer's Guide To Cats refers to as "a guy with a cat". I've always kind of wished that I could get my critter a friend to keep him company while I'm at work or travelling, but my cat is a jealous and vengeful cat. His interactions with other felines have generally not ended well.
    stash and FancyFeet like this.
  7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

We have two...if I had my way we would have 20...
  8. Sania

Sania Active Member

I'm so sorry!
    dancelvr likes this.
  9. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

A few come-and-go outside randoms, but only One counts, and that's The Princess.
  10. bia

bia Well-Known Member

As of a few months ago, we have two, and I love seeing them chase each other and groom each other and otherwise behave as the sisters they're not (got them both as one-year-olds at the shelter, and had a chance to let them hang out together during the selection process for a guesstimate on how they'd get along). So I recommend it, especially for indoor cats, but I was in your situation for a good number of years. In my case, the limiting factor was my poor old kitty's neurotic timidness.
  11. Hedwaite

The "My cat is a jealous and vengeful cat" thing... redundant much? (lol) :-D
    SwayWithMe and cornutt like this.
  12. Hedwaite

Whine of the day: That one student who constantly interrupts a group class walk-and-talk demo to ask you how to do something you're actually already explaining if they'd just "be quiet" and pay attention.

vulgar language removed
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So...you're a reformed crazy cat lady? ;)
    Purr likes this.
  14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. :) Three cats was about 1 too many feline for me to take care of properly. While I don't have any cats now, eventually I'd like to get just 1, or possibly 2 cats. Ideally, I'd like to have a big tabby cat that likes nothing better than to lay around snoozing in the sun and get its belly rubbed.
  15. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Grr.

I stopped into Old Navy last night because their jeans are on sale this week... I wanted to buy a pair or two to replace the currently too big ones from there that I have. Same styles, just a size or two smaller. The saggy-butt look is not really my thing, and I'm getting tired of having nothing to wear.

Turns out that I'm already in the smallest size they carry in the long inseam. And the regular inseam makes me look like I'm expecting a flood. So, I wasted the time to go to the store, and still have no jeans that currently fit.

People, tall people can be small too! And the more I dance, the smaller I get... and I swear, I'm not that tiny!
    SwayWithMe likes this.
  16. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

After my aerobics class today, I have a newfound respect for follows whose partners expect them to follow a bunch of verbal cues. :rolleyes:
  17. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

"I'm feeling skinny today!"
    /steps on scale
    "...nope"
  18. Sania

Sania Active Member

I think old navy has a little size inflation going on. Yes, wearing a "size 8" feeds my ego a little but I think I'm a size 10 in the real world and I would rather know that there are smaller sizes (in long inseam) awaiting me...

If you have a Nordstrom rack in your area, they sometimes carry high end jeans at fairly reasonable prices
  19. Sania

Sania Active Member

I use a tape measure instead of a scale - just as objective but more relationship to the visual effect which is all I really care about, and less stress from minor fluctuations in weight
  20. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

So...on top of everything else going on in my life this week, my refrigerator decided to croak on me today. Everything in my freezer is thawed. Even the ice cubes are just little squares of tepid water. I managed to get hold of a repair man, and he is coming out tomorrow afternoon. Thankfully, my little local store had lots of ice, so the eggs and dairy are resting comfortably in coolers. I'm just stepping softly, breathing quietly, and hoping nothing else strikes anytime soon. Gads.