Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Starting day 6 of work and feeling a bit worn out
  2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Well, one cat is OK, and if that one cat gets lonely and needs a playmate it's acceptable to get a second. But three or more cats is where it starts to get into hoarding territory!
    Purr likes this.
  3. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Three cats makes someone a hoarder? I think not.
    Sania and nikkitta like this.
  4. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Gripe of the day:
    People who think that everyone else should approach them.

Sneak into studio party. Hide in corner. Sneak back out before anybody who's busy as heck floating all over the place with other students who also want to dance/learn/practice can get to you, then complain that nobody danced with you during those fifteen minutes. That's not how you get to dance. Hence "Oh, I KNOW she's not thinking she's going to sit back there all night l- hey, is she leaving? The fu-?"
    snapdancer likes this.
  5. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Day 7 of work. I am tired and ready for my time off
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Tis allergy season for me... ugh... need to remember to bring my meds with me when I go places. I hate waking up not being able to breathe!!
  7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So...where do you put the line, and for what reason?
  8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Hoarding is a very extreme term. To be a hoarder is to collect more of something than you can adequately handle or care for. In the case of animals (cats or any other), you can't put some arbitrary number out there, and draw a line. Every circumstance is different.

I shall use myself as an example. I have six cats. I've had the same six cats for over 7 years. I did not acquire them all at once, but over a period of time. My cats are well cared for. They have a roomy and clean environment, are well fed, get lots of toys and treats (and love), and visits to the vet for all their health care needs.

I have had multiple opportunities to add to my clan over the years, but have chosen to work with local private rescue and adoption agencies to place the cats and kittens who cross my path into new homes. I do this, because I know my limits.

Hoarders have no limits.
    Purr, Sania and nikkitta like this.
  9. Hedwaite

Um, guys? This might have been a joke?

My whine for the day: People who are so smart, they're dumb.
    middy likes this.
  10. Hedwaite

Okay, since it's Sunday, my second whine, and them I'm good to go:
    Other people within "the dance industry" part of dancing, who are basically 'frenemies'- they don't like you, don't want to associate with you, tell their students to shun your students on the playground... but they friend you on social media so that they can never participate in anything but repeatedly sending out competition/event invitation reminders to everyone they've acquired from your friend-list, which you now have to filter.
  11. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Thanks :) I may end up having to go higher-end, but I hate to spend two lessons worth of cash on a pair of pants! These jeans were on sale for the bargain price of 1/2 a lesson - and I have several (now too big) pair, so I know I like them. I'll get over it, just needed to rant :)
  12. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Every circumstance is different. For me, the limit would be 2 cats I can reasonably care for. Two pets is all my condo association will allow, anyway. When I had 3 cats, the 3rd cat was grandfathered in, so I wasn't breaking any condo rules having him.

If you can provide adequate love, attention, and care for more cats, that's great. From what I can tell, many posters here, and friends on FB, are cat lovers with several cats. :)
    nikkitta and dancelvr like this.
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I find rue21 makes jeans that are nice and long and not too expensive.
  14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Are "lessons" the new unit of currency? :D
    cornutt likes this.
  15. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Yes :)

I seem to be measuring everything in per-lesson cost lately.
  16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

couldn't I be home a day before having to deal with the BS?
  17. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

glad to see the whining thread is in full swing..:)
    samina likes this.
  18. Hedwaite

A strange number repeatedly calls your cell and sends texts "It's important, call me back"- yet won't leave a voicemail. You think "Is it a student? Is it someplace or someone important?" You break your neck to get to a stopping point in what you're doing and hurry to return the call. It's some dumbass whose calls you normally screen because they're stupid and pointless who has borrowed someone else's phone to ask a stupid, pointless question.

Thank you for interrupting my choreography for your tired revisitation of an unfunny STD joke FSBF (for sluts, by sluts). Because I'm not already ulcerated and sleep-deprived obsessing about a current monster-project. FMMFGDLATWTMFSAH.

Although this makes me think. Remember when a car alarm, a person screaming or shouting, etc. used to actually cause alarm from bystanders? You'd drop what you were doing, look out the window in concern, and wait until it seemed everything was okay. Now, someone can basically fall down in front of you and start foaming at the mouth with alarm bells going off, and people will just walk by. Why? Negligent and insensitive morons desensitizing the people around them to true danger by crying wolf, accidentally, or on purpose. Anymore, I tell people when I will be unavailable "to anyone unless they've died. Even then, just text the funeral date- it's not like I can un-die them myself."
  19. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Sleepy
    stash likes this.
  20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

why can't people just live their lives instead of being bugged by other people's lives?....I am sososososo tired or having to navigate that