Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hmmmph...ya know, I don't whine .....at least it is exceedingly rare...but I have had it to the brim with the following;

people who, before they even ask why something is the way it is, begin a a daily litany of kvetching and moaning about others because things aren't going according to their exact preferences and who are heedless of the sort of disrespect that it shows for others who have the misfortune of being in their presence...and for how their very presence adds a toxicity and ugliness to every space they inhabit.....up. to. here. with it....seriously, eat some chocolate, have some alone time with your mate, go cry on your pillow, but kindly try not to pollute every venue you frequent...or stay home...

also, there will always be someone younger, more talented, wealthier, smarter, whatever, than you...deal with it...don't try to co-opt me because you don't want to be shallow alone...and don't try to hurt me or manipulate me if I don't seem to join you in it.....granted, you managed the hurting part...but not the manipulation...not going to happen
  2. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Whine: I can't type right because my cat isn't stretched across my keyboard.
    SwayWithMe, Lioness and cornutt like this.
  3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Made a flight booking for sibling...put the 11th in...swear it said the 11th when I checked. Itinerary comes in as the 10th.

$60 flight change fee, plus $35 to ring the customer service centre and change it though them.

That's more than the flight cost. Seriously.
  4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

So why not just buy another one way ticket?
  5. Hedwaite

Photos on facebook. Why do they have to be so huge they take up the whole screen? That, and why can't people just SAY things anymore that aren't stolen from someone else? I'm glad there are browser add-ons (social fixer, etc.) but sometimes they filter inadvertently things I want to see. First-world nerd problems, I guess, but I always hate when someone shows up to a party with a stack an inch and a half thick of photos from their vacation, and it's the same thing in every one: Two people grinning in front of this backdrop that's already been photographed and postcarded, usually holding up drinks to prove they're losing braincells while not at home. More awkward was when one guy handed me some from his and his new wife's honeymoon in Mexico, and we were looking at overused monument, ocean, hotel, boobs, over- wait, what? I don't know if he'd done it on purpose or not, but there were like twenty shots taken of another tourist (most likely unbeknownst to her) with her top off reading a Kindle, standing up to point at something, etc. And no, it wasn't his new wife, either.
  6. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

I hate it too when people show up with a stack of vacation pictures!
  7. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Whine- when I lose 10 minutes of my dance class because the person in front of me is talking to the instructor and won't shut up and won't leave. It doesn't happen often, but very annoying when it does. Once I lost about 15 minutes from my class because the student before me would not leave. Has this happened to anyone else? How do you handle it if it does happen?
  8. fascination

doesn't happen often...if it did I would have a word with my instructor...it is on the instructor to cut that off
    FancyFeet and SwayWithMe like this.
  9. fascination

regarding photos; I have no idea why folks think that everyone else in a social setting wants to see photos, but I would assume that it is fine to simply not to be one of the people who strolls over and looks at them....unless they insist...in which case, that does seem a bit much to me...that isn't unsolicited advice by the way...it's an opinion...but hey, you post, you risk a response :)...as to FB...I kind of feel like if you friend someone, you are on the hook for whatever they are on FB...and if you don't like that it is easy enough to unsubscribe from them so that you never see their stuff...so I feel like I can pretty much post what I like on there....I also try to be pretty choosey about who I friend anyhow so I am always hoping that the people I friend actually DO care...but if they don't it is easy enough for them to go ahead and hide my stuff from their feed
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  10. Lioness

I don't have the money for that either :/
  11. Hedwaite

First world problems: I thought my nail polish was more mint than pear. It's not.
    dancelvr and Lioness like this.
  12. Lioness

I hate that..."Oh, what a nice red! Oh...no...? Not a red, more of a garish pink..."
    Hedwaite likes this.
  13. Hedwaite

Exactly! And red is the hardest color to find the just right version of. The lighting in all the stores makes the true color of it difficult to see, so I cheat and use my cellphone's LED-flashlight to try to get a better idea, if I can't trot it out into the aisle away from the screwy lighting.
  14. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Joe and Hedwaite like this.
  15. fascination

oy...it's monday...another dose of the chronically unhappy
  16. Hedwaite

That one LITTLE ding in an otherwise reasonably decent self-manicure. Nobody knows it's there but me.
  17. fascination

gah...missing wallet sends me home from long awaited lessons....totally bummed...but hey, guess it is a good sign that I am bummed...looking for the best ...and tomorrow is another day
    cornutt and stash like this.
  18. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

My office is freezing. Which is terribly uncomfortable. OTOH, at least I'm not sweating- I've started tanning for a comp this weekend, and when I sweat with tanner on, I smell really, really bad.
    stash likes this.
  19. stash

stash Well-Known Member

People seriously need to stop suggesting to me that I should get a new partner. I don't want a new partner, I don't need a new partner, and it would take as much time to break in a new partner as it will for my current partners job to settle down. So just stop.
  20. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Whine number two for today: to the person who I share my enlarger with, photo paper is sensitive. If you want to treat your paper like crap fine... But DO NOT put wet things in the drawer with said paper and potentially damage mine as well.
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.