Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I hate getting a sandwich in the drive-up window, only to find out I have to pull over, take it apart, re-organize it, re-wrap it, and then eat it. You'll get a raise when you can put together a sandwich without it falling apart and running down to one's elbows.
  2. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

I'm spending far too much time on this thread...

Objectively, I understand how I've ended up in this situation. Complicated, doesn't matter now, moving on and trying to patch the gaping holes in my dancing.

The thing that really sucks is that I'm having a very hard time not taking it personally. I work hard, and I spend a lot of money on training and comps. My inner bitter teenager is determined to interpret this as not being taken seriously enough to be given a proper foundation. Argh! Not true (I hope!) and certainly not helpful, but it's how I feel... :(
  3. Hedwaite

That's what this thread is for. It's that box where you stow stuff you can't carry around alone. Even if we're of no help, we still feel your pain, so that maybe you don't have to deal with as much of it. Is that reverse crowd-sourcing?
    SwayWithMe and fascination like this.
  4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Glarg. I woke up around one this morning. That's not actually terribly unusual these days. I spent hours tossing and turning before I was able to get back to sleep. That is unusal. I'd blame pre-comp disorder, but that doesn't usually start borking my ability to sleep until the night before.
  5. Hedwaite

My tossing and turning is because I am drawing a total, horrifying, panicky blank on putting together choreography for my partner's partner for an upcoming huge charity event. Part of it is his music choice- he's "Tango music must BE tango music", so it's the florid overture into the march-tempo of Malando, Strasser, etc. I can't wrap my head around it and get into it. I need a good 'jam' that I can pick things out of and work on, like the terminally-overused Santa Maria or something (can't use that one, it's been done twice already). Everybody else basically just downloads SYTYCD, DWTS, and top competitor routines from youtube and has their own coaches dupe them with necessary "crap, that's too hard, we have to change that part" adjustments, and I didn't want to do that. If I have to resort to that, I think I'm burning my garish pink dance shoes and finding another pastime. I don't want to disappoint my partner and create extra work for any of the assisting coaches.
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my best friend just moved out of the home that she shares with her spouse...sigh....
  7. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Yep, "crowd sinking".

Just like on the Titanic.
  8. Hedwaite

If you're not third-class, you don't have to worry! :)
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Argh! I've got the chicken dance song stuck in my head!
    Joe likes this.
  10. Hedwaite

Whine Livid rant: People who are absolutely relentless in their endeavor to disrupt your recently unlikely chances of a decent sleep for no good reason at all. This is NOT a good start to my day, a few hours before I intended to.
  11. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Cold at work. Don't have jacket. Feet are sore.

If I sit down, I can't lean on the pie warmer. If I sit down, I get cold.

Maybe I should walk around and do some work...
  12. stash

stash Well-Known Member

School's bursars office is giving me and my parents the run around when we are trying to figure out why my account is off. I can't register for classes until the account is cleared... Reason 100 why I'm never giving money to my university after I graduate.
  13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

try this:
  14. Hedwaite

I will have to watch that when I'm not at a work computer that has disabled flash and other things I'd actually rather be using.

For now, I have to remind myself that while I have the right to assert my opinion, it is up to other people how they choose to interpret that, and after it leaves my hands, I can't force anybody to see it the way I intended it, and trying too hard to do so is counterproductive- and also sometimes just a waste of time. Not a whine, just a self-reminder I have to leave somewhere I can see.
  15. fascination

thing is...when someone else's tone rankles you so badly that it affects your tone (which we ourselves almost never notice)then you end up rankling the next person...yada yada...I think we all go through it......we all need to vent...it is just that when we don't take care of how we do it, it can be more trouble than it is worth
  16. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I disagree with that idea that once it's out there it's not my problem. I think it is our responsibility to communicate effectively and accurately what we intend. If we practiced and were taught better communication skills people wouldn't get their feathers ruffled unnecessarily. That and giving people the benefit of the doubt.
  17. fascination

good point...my take? (lol, since no one asked)...I have an obligation to be as civil and respectful as I can be absent a substantial extenuating circumstance which makes something more blunt the only remaining option....it is true that if I have tried my best, I can't do much more...but if I have the take that "this is just the way I am so bite me" approach....I am probably occasionally going to get bitten....and please note that I am speaking in general terms...cross my heart hope to die...not of any particular person...just a thought sparked by the previous though

gah...I really should start using spell check...edited again...for spelling
    Hedwaite likes this.
  18. Hedwaite

Sometimes, you just need to be told "your fly is open"- it doesn't mean "you. off my planet."

Whine: S'mores shake tastes more like chocolate cheesecake shake.
  19. fascination

on this planet, there are bells and whistles in advance.... unless there have already been a bunch of them disregarded...but yea...

my whine; allergies....why?
    stash likes this.
  20. Hedwaite

I don't know if anybody here has to deal with a family member who is an opioid addict, but it is, to say the least, very, VERY trying. So this is my weekly "biggest whine" that has come to a head today. Normally, it's just a nuisance. Sometimes not at all. But near the first of every month, things come to a head, and being around it, I find my brain too full of dealing with it, so I crack a little to relieve the pressure, and bounce back in time to smile and dance.