Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I've watched friends of mine deal with siblings who are drug dependent. It's never a pretty picture. Very stressful....and sad.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

when I worked for hospice, I saw a great deal of it...and have seen some issues in friends...and no, it is not fun

3. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

FWIW, I've had to deal with being an opioid addict (actually alcohol, but apparently that acts on the same neuro-receptors), and naltrexone worked beautifully for me.

4. stash

stash Well-Known Member

tell me about it... ugh fall is my allergy season cuz mold :/

5. fascination

in Oregon is was mold...now that I am home, I am pretty sure it is the dust and pet dander that I always kick up when I clean the floors

6. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced my coffee this morning was not decaf.

7. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Feeling taken for granted. Unpleasant.

8. fascination

sorry to hear that SWM...in my case, mostly feeling like I couldnt be less valuable to people to whom I have given my very best....and very tired of bashing my head against that wall

9. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Ugh. That's discouraging, to say the least! ((hugs)) I'm sorry.

10. fascination

thx...am sorry for your situation as well..hug back

SwayWithMe likes this.
  11. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Very bad day.

12. fascination

13. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Everyone's turn signals seem to be broken today. Funny.

Not.

14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

My poor sweet wife is having the worst birthday ever, and there's nothing I can do to help.

15. Hedwaite

Aww:-( I hope her birthday got better. I know what it's like to have a stink birthday (the past three or four have been that way).

16. Hedwaite

I'm coming up a total blank on finding a decent piece of international tango music that doesn't sound like crap, is somewhat catchy and approachable by the target demographic (drunk people in designer knockoff gowns needing to part with their money for a fundraiser event). The flourishy orchestral business is great for comps, but I think of Idiocracy, and how everything either got laughed at or called something derogatory because they didn't get it. Partner refuses to use contemporary music that is tangoable, because he's a pompous purist somethingorother I just can't quite form in my head to type that's feignedly insulty enough.

17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

18. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Just yesterday coach said how great it is I'm doing syllabus review because I'll know all of the patterns when we put together choreography. Yet again I found myself standing there feeling like an idiot and her saying "you don't know..." in an astonished tone. Argh!!!!!!!!!!

19. Sania

Sania Active Member

So sorry!!!

20. Sania

Sania Active Member

I guess you should just stop cleaning? ;)

fascination, Hedwaite and stash like this.