Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

... I totally forgot. Thanksgiving is, like, day after tomorrow. Yikes, where has the time gone. We've been dancing all seven days out of the week and it's just kind of blurred. More going by hours than by days.
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Update: joined the lifting gym. Awesome environment and nice people. Good equipment, too.
    JudeMorrigan and cornutt like this.
  3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Ibuprofen isn't working... can't take anything else for another hour at least. Still got 40 minutes at work. Hungry, cold, and in pain.
  4. raindance

raindance Active Member

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I have to work on Friday, but the gym in our building won't be open. So if I'm going to get in a workout, I have to drive to a gym on another part of the base. And it's supposed to be very cold here on Friday.
  6. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Aww, hope you feel better after a bit of sleep.
  7. cornutt

Got a sick DW and a heat pump that isn't defrosting.
  8. cornutt

Neither the DW nor the heat pump are doing any better today. Worked for two hours on the heat pump with no success. It's turned into a block of ice. The usual problem when this happens is that the defrost cycle isn't being initiated by the control board. However, in this case I've verified that the board is working and the defrost cycle runs -- but when it does, the ice doesn't melt. Very odd, and beyond my skill level with these things. Time to bring in a pro.
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Cousin won't let me buy her prints of her engagement shoot, though in my eyes it's a continuation of my wedding gift to her... Grumble Grumble, just accept the gift :p
  10. Hedwaite

I tried Peter Thomas Roth Instant Firming eye goop today.

I'm still having difficulty facially emoting, but my forehead is actually TIRED from it holding up my newly-tightened eye-bags. This stuff is INSANE.
    dancelvr likes this.
  11. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I must try this! Where did you get it?
  12. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if the stuff is good or bad since it's in the Whining Thread, but I saw some listed on eBay.
    Hedwaite likes this.
  13. Hedwaite

The whining part was my forehead. It actually felt "tired" after holding up the rest of my face. The goo itself was fantastic- though another whine is that it is inevitably quite expensive.

You can find it on ebay, but to try it out, check out any Sephora or Ulta. In fact, they had little bitty "trial" or travel samples for ten bucks at Sephora until they ran out on Black Friday. The stuff's $38 in stores, but yes, you can find it slightly cheaper at QVC, Ebay, etc.
    dancelvr likes this.
  14. Hedwaite

15. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Grad school... No grad school.... Grad school... No grad school... I can't make up my stupid mind... Does someone have a flower with lots of petals that can help me decide?
    chomsky likes this.
  16. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

friends or activity partners? friends or activity partners? why not both? why do I always need that stupid petal to make up my mind? go to the social or stop going to?
  17. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

where's that Magic 8 Ball when you need it?
    stash and chomsky like this.
  18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

no need :)

go to grad school...but fully commit....

activity partner until person can be fully determined to be friend material
    chomsky likes this.
  20. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

I'm still in a bit of a funk... and it's been well over a week of this. What is going on?