Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but...

Bwahahahahahahahaha!
  2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Let us hope that your field does not involve writing for a living!
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

For various reasons, I didn't have any lessons the last two weeks of November. My sciatic nerve has been bothering me a little bit for awhile. And then I get sick Black Friday morning, which pretty much ruins any weekend plans I may have had.

So pro calls me this week and wants to know if I still want to do a small local dance event that's coming up mid December. Are you (blank) kidding me??!! Oh, what the (blank). Of course I'll do it. It's going to cost me what - (blank)!! Heavy sigh. Schedule me for lessons Thursday and Friday evening, and hopefully I can pull myself together by then. (blank)
    chomsky likes this.
  4. bia

bia Well-Known Member

That sounds great and extremely valuable. But it does depend on the expense. So many young adults here are so burdened with student loan debt that for anyone not independently wealthy, it's dangerous to go to grad school if it's not going to have a positive effect on future employment and income. If you're taking on debt for it, it's not a good idea to make it just about interest and enjoyment, though hopefully those are part of the package, too.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    chomsky and raindance like this.
  5. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

I have to post from Chrome now. IE does not like DF :confused:
    dancelvr likes this.
  6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I don't think IE likes most things :-/ I usually use Chrome, or maybe Firefox.
    stash and cornutt like this.
  7. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Firefox still hates anything Adobe for me.

Whine of the day: Inconsistency in people. Make a decision, stick with it. Don't punish someone else because you changed your mind and they couldn't read it.
  8. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Oh, I hear you! That sounds like my life, except that I think I'll always be partnerless / ProAm because there are hardly any men around here who dance.
    FancyFeet and chomsky like this.
  9. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Feel like the object of lessons lately has been to prove to me how much I don't know rather than to teach me some of those things. Fairly certain it's all in my attitude, but it still sucks.
  10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

$600 to fix the **** heat pump. R22 is expensive these days. It may be getting replaced in the spring.
  11. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

I had the same problem!
  12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yes, she's gradually getting better, thanks.
    chomsky likes this.
  13. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Debt and a full time job and instead of one year it took me three years to finish itand I almost didn't get it because I was working 12 hours and weekends...but I did it! hooray!!!and it was a dream come true as I was saving for 3 years beforehand just to get my tuition fees. No, I'm just happy I did it. I am still not sure it was the right choice but who cares...that's life, you can't have everything...
  14. Hedwaite

I wonder if D22 would be cheaper...

*ducks*
    cornutt likes this.
  15. Hedwaite

I ran out of cheesesticks already.
  16. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I love rain, I hate the sinus issues I get from it though :/
    cornutt likes this.
  17. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Between school, work and MCAT preparations, I haven't been able to dance since OSB. grumble. I guess it is okay to have a bit of an imposed break- I'm sure I'll be even more excited to practice when I get back in January, but I'm equally as sure my dancing will have taken quite the hit...
  18. Hedwaite

I'm hoping my resentment at people who cannot properly channel their testosterone is reflective of my discontent at acute cabin fever- I'm currently under eight inches of snow and ice and running low on junk food and movies with attractive male leads. This might be making me a bit testy.
  19. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

This coming week is my last lesson for at least a month. Surgery will prevent me from indulging myself. *sigh* It's nothing serious....in fact, it's elective, but anyway......argh.
  20. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Been walking so much. Feet hurt.