Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I am not a mind reader. If (the figurative) you have plans which involve me, you should probably inform me of my role within them.
    dancelvr and Lioness like this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

people who cannot focus on goodthings and stink the joy out of every space they inhabit and percieve the worst in everyone they meet
    cornutt likes this.
  3. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

I booked new version Nook with Barnes and Noble on line to be picked up at $80 ($50 discount price), since all on line sale was “out of stock”.

The booking showed one week hold. When I went to pick it up, I was given a regular price of $130. The price of $80, I was told, is good for the time of booking only for the same day. “We hold the item, but not the prices”. I showed this store manager the printed email with guaranteed price. Nothing worked. Well, in this case, I will do with the older Nook model for now, but I was so looking forward to a new Nook model.
    It was false B&N advertisement trick to get you to the store.
  4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Public transport maps in this city are just lines going in directions...not fitted to streets at all. Damn. I know the street I need to go to...I don't know the name of the stop. I was hoping to figure that out with the map :-(
  5. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I found some on ebay for WAY less than any beauty supply site. I have to say....WOW....this stuff is off the hook! It lasted through an entire 10 hour shift at work, and never looked flaky or anything. I'm sold.:D
    Hedwaite likes this.
  6. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

It is freaking cold here! Flew into Denver airport last night and had to walk to the truck in subzero temps, then scrape snow and ice off the windshield. Had on two sweaters, two jackets, and two pairs of pants (basically everything in my suitcase) and still my skin was burning from the cold. Temp won't get above freezing until Tuesday. Sheesh.
  7. Hedwaite

RIGHT? I mean that stuff is AMAZING. If it can hold up MY face, and not do the peely-flaky thing, I'm hooked. I found some on both ebay AND on QVC (I have to be very, very careful with QVC, because it's a gateway drug and I will go BROKE there) a two-pack for just a little over the same price at Ulta/Sephora.

I like how you can swab it on (TINY bit does it), but even if you get too much/have to blot it off for like a makeup correction, etc.- it still stays and works.
    dancelvr likes this.
  8. Lioness

Cat pees on work clothes right before I go away...BF says "don't worry about it I'll wash them tonight". Leave for 5 days. Come back, nap, and start to get ready for work.
    "Hey where did my uniform end up?"
    "Oh, I haven't washed it yet. Oops"

Oops indeed. Nothing like wearing wet clothes to work. All I want here is a commitment to doing something you said you would. I can plan if you don't want to. But if you say you will and I've acted accordingly...that's frustrating.
  9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

5 day-old cat pee? Niiiice :mad:
  10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

How can you have plans when you're snowed in till spring? :D

(I shouldn't laugh... we may be getting some of that a few hours from now. I brought my work laptop home just in case.)
  11. Hedwaite

Just for that, may your shelves run dry of bread and toilet paper, and all your gadget batteries fade at once! :p
    dancelvr and cornutt like this.
  12. Hedwaite

Speaking of whining... the partner just got a freakin' ALIENWARE laptop for, like, nearly nothin'. I'd do dirty things for a keyboard that changed colors like unicorn farts in sunlight.
  13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my son had a main computer of that sort...it was like having an alien in the room
  14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Minor whine....really enjoyed dancing at weekend socials for the past few weeks with leader who is an advanced dancer...but leader feels the need to fuss at me regarding my right hand position almost every dance...leader also pulled the name drop thing last weekend by saying, oh, I took lessons for over 3 years from such-and-such...I am getting annoyed...I tried to handle it by saying, maybe you should pick your battles...my next line would be he who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, or maybe, if you don't like my hand position don't ask me to dance, and after that, all bets are off...for the record, right hand position seems to be a non issue with pro...I also brought this up with 2 other pros (one leader and one follower) and 1 student (a leader), and it also seems to be a non issue...this leads me to believe the problem is not with me...any ideas on how to handle this situation

I come to socials to have fun, and while I like the opportunity to dance with an advanced leader, I do not appreciate continued criticism, well meaning or not.
  15. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

You've already said your "reply" for the next time. Re-read the last line of your OP. (wink). I have said that very thing...and it works like a charm, especially with a slight southern lady accent while smiling during the talk.
    Purr likes this.
  16. Lioness

Failed my first uni subject. 4% off a pass. I guess getting 0% for an assignment doesn't help much (too late to mark, apparently)

Oh well.
  17. OreganO

OreganO Member

It's finals week and everyone is so wrapped up in their own stress they forget everyone else is at the same place too :(
    On a funny note, I've been sympathy stressing so much with friends doing thesis, I forget that I'm not writing my theses yet :)
    stash likes this.
  18. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I'm not a CS major, yet I'm making a website. Never, ever want to do this again. All hail CS majors and pre-set themes for us non-coders.
    cornutt likes this.
  19. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Have to admit I don't do Web sites that well either... I'm more of an embedded systems guy.
  20. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Contemplating taking another pain killer. Will this damned pinched nerve in my shoulder ever go away? *sigh*