Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

VagueGripe:
    Ripping SYTYCD routines off of youtube and having your own teacher show them to your new partner dancebatim doesn't make you a "professional choreographer/instructor". It makes you a knockoff, and your complete beginner student who's now being pulled and contorted all over the place look like that one creepy Oracle chick from 300. How about dancing a clean routine you can actually dance instead? Crazy, I know.

2. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

but but but... the complete beginner student often wants these crazy routines, being oblivious to how inept they look.

3. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I soooooo, sooo, soooo do not want to do all my final papers/projects and exams. Cannot wait until winter break... except then I get to study for the MCAT. yay me. grumble grumble grumble.

4. Hedwaite

These people have been dancing for like five years and should know better. Then again, they're the same people who think you can "buy the look" and "be the dancer". Meh, whatever. Knockoffs fool nobody.

5. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Stupid bikini-wax necessitating showcase routine with high kicks in a knee length skirt with petticoats, fishnets and dance pants. Grr....

6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

On a limited budget for christmas shopping this year, and I have no idea what to get my mom :/

7. Hedwaite

Something for sale. To the right people, it's worth enough money, and it'll make me enough that I can do the rest of Christmas pretty well.

The one friend who always spies my stuff for sale sees it and does that wistful "Man, I really like that..." but they can't afford what I want for it.

So now, I either take a hit on it and let them have it because friends, or I stick to "It's this price, and I've had a few lookers already" and feel kind of bad.

I'll feel bad either way. I hate it when I'm in the position and I see something I can't afford at the time, so I try not to see my friends there either.

8. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I read this as Sick Dear Wife. nonplussed.

9. Hedwaite

Nonplussed? I'm hoping I've misinterpreted that.

10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

11. Hedwaite

Exactly, mindputtee.

12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

DW was feeling pretty puny Thanksgiving week, but she's better now. And the heat pump is defrosting again, after the addition of $450 worth of Freon. :rolleyes:

13. Hedwaite

Freon's what pumps crave.

cornutt likes this.
  14. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

ok, it *was* sick Dear Wife. the juxtaposition of DW with the heat pump in the same sentence threw me off. have been reading too many kitchen magazines; assumed at first that you were referring to wife, but reference to heat pump made it sound like sick DW was sick dishwasher. and that's why I was nonplussed.

glad she's feeling better. and your heat pump is working.

15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Pretty sure my car needs new cv joints. I don't like the sound it's making.

16. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Perhaps it just needs a louder stereo . . . .

Joe likes this.
  17. cornutt

Are the wheels making a clicking noise?

18. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

It's making a rumbling sound when I turn, and sometimes when I go straight...like a whompwhompwhompwhomp and a little like grinding.

19. cornutt

Could just be your tires are out of round or wearing unevenly.

20. Hedwaite

What about a CLAAAATTTER- clatter. CLATTERCLATTERRATTLECLATTER over bumps?