Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

That would be amazingly less expensive. Here's hoping.
  2. Lioness

Sounds like the sounds it was making when the front struts were broken.
  3. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Have you ever been called up and griped out by the host of an informal social event because you didn't stop them and thank them for the party?

On one hand, guilty. It was late, people were starting to get drunk and rowdy, and I had to pee. I wanted to say "Thanks, great party", but every time I tried to make my way over, they were dancing, busy, or not around- like Josh Groban's character accepting tips in (the awesome movie you have to watch) Coffee Town.

On the other, that people brave some really crappy weather on a weekend they could be snoozing on the couch and recouping from their week, put money in the food-kitty in the corner of the kitchen, and laugh, dance, and have a great time with each other should be enough. They all COULD just say the heck with it and stay home. Like I wanted to, but students called, said they wanted to go, so we went, and then they didn't call or show up. Found out later, they were sick.

This host has a lot of people thinking that they're a martyr, that people have "done them wrong"- and to a degree, that's true, but come on- who HASN'T been encouraged to do something, and then not have any backers so that it has to fizzle? That's terrible douchery, but it's also just life in interpersonal business. Also, at what point do you put the victim card back in the deck, and either throw in the towel, or shut up and get back to it?

I just haven't ever known a studio owner to flatout pitch a spaz like this one has. I can't imagine the owner of a restaurant coming out on a slow day and scolding all of the SOBs sitting there eating their food for not bringing in more people- well, unless it was Crazy Amy's Baking Company.
    bordertangoman likes this.
  4. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Puppy Palooza is canceled :(
  5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

They have positioned the construction outside my work just so that it makes it extremely annoying for me to get to work and park.
  6. Hedwaite

That happy Christmas buzz I've had going on for some time has officially been knocked off and stepped on. There's nothing like getting that rush of empowerment when you take charge, make decisions, things turn out right, people notice, and you get successful results. You feel like a real person, like there's a spot you fit into. It's magical to feel like a real person instead of someone kind of floating around without reason.

Then again, there's nothing like doing all that, just to have somebody come along and pick it apart, explaining in great detail all of the flaws and holes and errors and inconsistencies in it that someone COULD HAVE FOUND if they'd just looked as close as they should have. Working with someone who is quite a bit more academically intelligent and people-savvy can be really buzz-killing on occasion. I don't envy them, but I do wish I could keep up a little better than I do.
  7. Aura

Aura Active Member

I've been thinking of the future lately because as a soon-to-be second semester junior in college, I don't have that much time left. What in the world am I going to do? Obviously, I'll try to find a job and get some practical work experience. Beyond that, I'm unsure, and I don't like that.
  8. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

NO MORE STUDYING. I AM DYING HERE. And when I finish studying for finals, I get to study for MCAT over winter break. Sorry for the continual whining, but celebrating the end of the semester by taking a full length practice exam is not what I had in mind.
  9. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

I hear ya. Finished Organic Chem yesterday and today all of my MCAT prep books are in the mail and will be here just in time for the holidays. :p
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  10. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

The worst.
    Ailuene likes this.
  11. Lioness

It's 6am and I've woken up three times tonight because I'm overheating. Coughing up phlegm and from my dreams it seems my mind has decided I'm THE phlegm conqueror, and it's my nightly mission to cough up all the phlegm fr every cough in the world.

I just wanna sleep.
  12. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've done your research on MCAT studying and whatever, but what I found helped me stay focused while studying for the DAT was allotting myself X number of pages in the book I had to finish each day before doing anything else. Then as soon as I was finished with that, I was done for the day. Gave me a great feeling of accomplishment as soon as I was done, especially if I finished early in the day.
  13. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Did not sleep well last 2 nights
  14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

Lio ...so sorry....ack

llamas....hang in there
  15. stash

stash Well-Known Member

was forced to upgrade to ios 7 because now apps are forcing you to use it... grumble grumble grumble...
  16. Hedwaite

People spamming every dance-related group with their Kickstarter projects. C'mon, people, there's advertising, then there's just annoying.
  17. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

what an excellent whine; eloquent, robust, fruity, justified, taking a moral high ground, with a spicy hint of 's*d you'!let that be an example to other whiners; the standards have slipped recently ;)
    Joe and Hedwaite like this.
  18. Lioness

After some googling I've determined that my car is suffering from a case of bad wheel bearings. Now I just gotta hope the mechanic answers the phone sometime soon. I don't want to drive it anywhere.
  19. Hedwaite

I was proud of it ;-)

Whine: So. Much. Food. Wait, wrong thread...
  20. Lioness

I'll take some...I'm starving.