Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

do you want the cheese/garlic biscuits, the BBQ pork, the pimiento cheese sandwiches, the rotini alfredo, the chocolate cookie dough cheesecake, or the... some kind of weird little cracker that tastes like unsweet waffle-cone.

2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Woah. That's a lot of food.

I'll take the waffle biscuits and trade you my frozen grapes!

3. Lioness

Tonight I have discovered the consequences of doing a foxtrot with a very short man :-/

cornutt and stash like this.
  4. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I discovered that a while ago. My first partner was shorter than me (which is hard to do). Lol. We don't social dance standard anymore.

Lioness likes this.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

like anyone else, I can swish my foot around in the self-pity pool....but the bottom line that I always remind myself of is that no one holds a gun to my head and makes me do the things I do....and I shouldn't be doing them for the undying gratitude of anyone else...I should be doing it because it gives me joy....and whether people express gratitude or not, those who show up should get my best attitude and effort or that reflects badly upon me...not them...I think people who cannot adopt that philosophy ought to do everyone a favor and stop trying to weaponize their kindness

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

or maybe they could keep their mouth shut and allow you to feel good about yourself

maybe subtley reminding you of your inferiority works a little too well for them...consciously or not

7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I need to move out...

8. Lioness

Get home at 8pm because Christmas shopping sucks...think I'll have time to bake the Christmas pudding before I leave..."bake for 3-4 hours"

What!?

9. Lioness

Stupid hardware store guy told me superglue would work better than wood glue for what I wanted. Now I don't have any wood glue and the superglue is just soaking into the wood and not bonding anything. So grumpy. I wanted to get this done before work and now I'm not going to be able to because all the shops are shut.

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Once the superglue has soaked into the wood, let it dry and try again.

bordertangoman likes this.
  11. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Had a great weekend, which was promptly ruined by my return home. Sorry to all the parents who tread these forums, but the way my mom is handling whatever situation we are dealing with is completely childish. I'm not saying I'm the right/perfect/adult here, because I will admit I'm probably not doing 100% of what I could be... However, I can only do so much, and try and become my own idependant being all at the same time. I love her dearly, I really do, but I just don't know how to preceed from here.

All that I know is that living at home was probably the biggest mistake I made in college.

12. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

No apologies needed to this parent. I think it is a very difficult situation. I encouraged my son to go far enough away when he went to college that he wouldn't be tempted to live at home. He thanked me for it recently. It is expensive though. CAN you move out?

13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I lived my first two years on campus and then my second two at home. When I moved home, I agreed with my parents that we were going to treat my living at home like I was still living on campus (I still paid for my food and gas etc, and they weren't paying for my education so I got some leniency there) and it worked out very well for us.

14. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Could I afford to move out on my own? No. Unless I moved to a very unsafe area in a terrible apparent, and even that is questionable. Luckily I have a very amazing boyfriend who would take me in as long as I help out with food and the like, though that would add another layer of tension to what's already there. It wouldn't be easy, and we haven't gotten there yet. My mom and I had an ok conversation via email today and we both agreed we need to talk. Though I am just wondering what the backlash from my dad will be...

@mindputtee I'm glad that someone had a good relationship with their parents like that, but it's different when you aren't an only child. I am the center of their attention. And I have not lived away from them at all, that's also very different. They haven't been able to experience the empty nest syndrome yet and they are clinging on for dear life. My parents are also paying for my education. Like I said, I'm glad some people can have good outcomes from living at home, but not this chick...

15. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Whoa. Danceforums let's you tag people in posts now. It's getting more and more like facebook.

16. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

That must be rough, stash. I can't imagine doing that with my parents. I like my situation now- I'm five minutes away from them, but living in my own apartment (small town midwest perks of really, really low rent). I see them everyday, but having my own apartment (and job so they aren't paying for everything) really makes it a lot easier to draw boundaries (like they no longer get to say that I'm dancing too much because they aren't paying for my school...)

I bet it is especially hard over the holidays with everyone at home--- hang in there!

17. Hedwaite

Ugh, PLEASE don't let it become more like facebook. I'm so sick of Duck Dynasty, "There's nothing greater than being a mom and everything else sucks and is going to hell," and my favorite "I'm watching to to see if you repost this crap so I can be snivelly about it later" copypastas.

bordertangoman and dancelvr like this.
  18. Hedwaite

I'm so glad Xmas is over.

dancelvr and Lioness like this.
  19. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I am! I wish I had a job that could pay for everything. Then this wouldn't be a problem. Stupid school and stupid expensive housing within the area.

20. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Whine #2... There's an application in for the puppy Rodeo we saw on sunday :/ I mean we can't get him right away anywho, but but but we didn't expect someone to put an application on him :( shouldn't be too surprised, he was sooo adorable and lovable... humph the search continues for the perfect shelter pet.