Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Fun fact...if you offer to host Christmas, your job includes more than just flapping around your house pretending to do something useful. It shouldn't depend on your mother in law and your half sister to cook, clean, and decorate.

Yesterday was a big huge "we're not having Christmas here ever again" party. She did nothing. Everyone is 500% sick of her posturing and relying on everyone else to do the hard work.

Don't get me wrong...I love seeing BF's family...they're great...but she's nuts and I'm over her crap.

cornutt and fascination like this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

from you mouth to God's ear....I so understand

3. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I banhammered "Big Christmas" a few years ago for stupid BS like that. Now, it's meeting in the afternoon, swapping gifts, opening them, and going out for Chinese or Waffle House.

4. fascination

mercifully, we only have that on thanksgiving... and it is unavoidable...I do Christmas so that it isn't an issue.... I am exhausted...but at least it is only because I chose to be...not because someone else couldn't cope with life

Lioness likes this.
  5. Hedwaite

I made the stupid mistake of giving the cat Skittles. I didn't think she'd eat them, and no, she didn't, but it was so cute the way she hooked them in her little fluffy hand and looked at them... and then swatted them all over the place. Hmm. That backfired.

dancelvr and cornutt like this.
  6. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

So true… My favorite post of the year!

Thank you.

Lioness likes this.
  7. Lioness

Next year BF's mum is hosting...we are making our own way down there, or not as we wish (she is a 9 hour drive away), and small family Christmases seem likely. Suits me fine.

For today's whine...I love bf, dearly, but he is a very unattentive driver, and as an attentive driver my life is full of "has he seen that" because I don't want to point it out and seem like a backseat driver but I also don't wanna crash.

And I have to remind myself that he drives every day and is fine by himself, but it's a challenge.

8. fascination

while one should never drink and drive, I find it exceedingly helpful to drink if someone else is driving

9. Lioness

"It's ok sweety I'll drive. Yes I know it's a long way and we're taking your car. I like driving! You just relax (and I will too)"

stash likes this.
  10. fascination

I am willing to admit that I have control issues if he will let me drive...it works just fine

Lioness likes this.
  11. Lioness

Oy...and then he's getting cranky at other drivers for doing things he does frequently. Mouth. Shut. Not saying a thing.

j_alexandra and stash like this.
  12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Doesn't that exacerbate the whole "people are more likely to be carsick when not the driver" factor?

bordertangoman likes this.
  13. fascination

not in my case

stash likes this.
  14. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Not in my bf case either. He hates my driving, but apparently he hates driving even more (long distances at least) because I am the one who ends up driving most of the time. In the 3 years I have dated him I haven't seen him become sick in any fashion while drinking. Must be the german in him

15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I'd usually rather be the driver. Not because anyone else's driving bothers me, but because I find driving to be therapeutic, whereas riding is often just boring.

16. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I feel the same way

17. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

WAY too much cake, pie, and cookies in this house!!!

18. Hedwaite

I hate cars, so I take a benadryl and crash out while he's driving. If I don't, I side-seat drive because I hate hate hate traffic.

19. Lioness

I was mildly tipsy when bf drive me home from mums last night, and it was wonderful.

20. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I split holiday hosting with another family member and we just finished distributing everything to friends, family, and even the garbage disposal in a few cases. Down to half a quart of chocolate ice cream which I cannot get rid of because my son says he MIGHT want it. If it talks to me too much before he gets around to consuming it, it will also go down the drain.....