Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the sweets hold no appeal for me....but son wanted tacos...and that is proving to be problematic in terms of protion control
    cornutt likes this.
  2. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Oh, heck, no. It took me way too much time to bake the stuff; ain't no way I'm throwing it out. I'll just have to run extra miles to get rid of the stuff that way...
  3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Nye party went from video games and a BBQ to a nerf war.

I'm hiding in my room because I wasn't prepared for this and it's making me stressed.

Oh well if it gets too bad I guess I'll just go to work a couple of hours early.
  4. NURDRMS

went into the splits during lessons yesterday way too aggressively and tore my hamstring. WAY painful, hence no sleep tonight. Wonder if I can still dance on Thursday???
  5. fascination

ooooo...not good...and takes a long time to mend...but you should be fine as long as you keep it to regular moves....might require some advil and sports cream...but probably fine...we are seeing a lot of this at the gym now that it is cold...gotta warm before a stretch like that....so sorry...hug
  6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Whoa! Take care of that. Hamstring injuries are no fun, and they can be really bad news if it gets aggrevated.
  7. NURDRMS

Thanks for the advice, guys. I do appreciate your concern. I actually had stretched and had danced for 1 1/2 hours prior to my mishap but rushed the move and didn't ensure I had my position correct before I splitted (ha, how's that for a verb?) Almost went to the ER last night, my leg hurt so badly, but figured there was nothing they could do for me that I wasn't already doing. Ortho appointment next Monday. Sigh. Feels somewhat better today as long as I don't make quick movements or try to straighten my leg. Daughter was teasing me for limping around and wanted to know if she needed to find a tree limb from which to carve me a cane. Thank goodness for all those bags of frozen peas I've been squirreling away - they make great ice packs. Now, what can I wear to the NYE party that will cover the compression bandage???
  8. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Dancing for six hours on a dirty, slick concrete floor. stink.

Dancing the day after to a group who calls themselves professionals, but A- act as if you've asked them to do something obscene with a large, dangerous and unpredictable animal on youtube instead of requesting a simple "slow it the hell down" on their (not viennese viennese) waltzes, and B- butcher horribly the lyrics to the most commonly-performed songs.

Non-dancers who wake up one day and the idea to have a dance-related event pop into therir heads really need to be forced to read a primer on how to attract "real fancy dancers" to their "dance party", and how to accommodate the people they invite as well.

Don't get me wrong- the evening was fun, but we were very determined after driving two hours to get to what was basically the same thing we would go to any night out of the week for four times the price.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  9. fascination

for no money would I suffer the consequences of 6 hours on concrete...you have my sympathy
    j_alexandra likes this.
  10. Lioness

Having serious second thoughts about making a mostly black standard dress...like there will be rainbow stones, floats, and underskirts, but I'm just not sure :-/
  11. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

It's really cold outside... for the third day in a row :(

-31C this morning, with a windchill of -40C... which is the point at which the F and C scales meet. Also known as bitterly, painfully, awfully, freaking cold!

(On the upside, tomorrow's forecasted high is -17C. I'm pathetically excited about this.)
  12. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

yowza, that sounds cold indeed! I thought -5 was cold! :coldfeet:
  13. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Black with accent color or two -- OK. Rainbow.... you are correct in being very very careful about it. The few that I've seen were noticeable on the floor in a BAD way. However, they were rainbow *extreme*.

Whine: tore a contact lens three times in one month. WTH.
  14. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

My tablet went into the manufacturer for repair on the headphone jack in mid december. Fedex said it was supposed to be here today, but won't be here until monday, presumably because of the snowstorms in the east. Ugh.. #firstworldproblems
  15. Cal

Cal Active Member

Energy level is kaput, metabolism is reduced to a snail's pace, and my already slow resting heart rate is at a level that leads my physician to become alarmist. Sure enough, when the blood test came back he adjusted my thyroid dosage, and I hope like anything that the level builds quickly, because this fatigue is terrible. Oddly though, I don't feel cold.
  16. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Like this: ?
    I love that dress.
    Lioness and nikkitta like this.
  17. nikkitta

Oooh. Yes, that little "surprise" shot of color. Gown looks to be navy perhaps?
    I think navy or indigo, instead of black, with colored underskirts would be great with Lioness' bright hair.

um. Whining thread. Yup. OK: fingernails were all the same length and I broke one. Grrr.
  18. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Navy. Yes. Lioness, I think that would look amazing on you
  19. Lioness

Oooh. Just like that, actually.

Though, I'm reconsidering a dark coloured dress in general. Maybe bright purple or a teal/forest green. I'd love a green and black dress if I can find the fabric for it.

Guess it's time to browse photos for inspiration.

Today's whine...both shops I needed to go to closed at 4. Because my sleep schedule is still on drag shift mode and I didn't fall asleep until 8am, I woke up at 4.30pm. Whoops.
  20. nikkitta

a deep eggplant color!

Whine: glitter nailpolish is a PITA to remove
    Lioness likes this.