Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Deal!

I could even have splashes of orange underneath.
  2. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

ahem. Whine please :p

p.s. forest green and eggplant!
    slhull.13 and dancelvr like this.
  3. Lioness

Whine:

...nope! I'm inspired!
  4. Lioness

Only have a Pinterest screenshot, but I was thinking something like this.

image.jpg
    nikkitta likes this.
  5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

You're tellin me! My nails are so bedraggled right now because I compulsively pick at the edges that start to come up.
  6. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Had to cancel dance class due to snow
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

doesn't sound good...be well
  8. Cal

Cal Active Member

Forced myself to walk the half-mile through the drifted-in driveway to get the paper and mail, only to discover that the paper hadn't been delivered and the county plow had hit the mailbox which was dangling by one screw. Walked the half-mile back to the house to get tools. Trudged half-mile back to the mailbox to perform temporary repair. Trudged back to house with encouragement of labrador retriever who thought the extra mile was great fun. I'm now beat.
    bordertangoman likes this.
  9. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

forgot I had to pay school fees when planing my budget for this month
  10. fascination

11. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

It will work out okay- just probably not going to buy those lululemon leggings I've been eyeing for a while
  12. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Stupid people. Just in general, everywhere. Buying up all the bread, water, cheese, and hogging resources other people who can't get out often enough as it is won't have access to because OMG SNOW.

You KNOW it's bad when my coach, the kindest, most patient man in the entire universe who doesn't say bad things about anybody (unless they deserve it, and then it's with utmost class) remarks "I dunno what it is, but lately, people are just real f*kin' DUMB, you notice this, too?"

Yes, Padre, yes. I do.
  13. Hedwaite

OH! I forgot! How to easily remove glitter nailpolish:

You need ten 3 x 3 inch squares of tinfoil
    ten cotton balls
    and polish remover.

Dampen the cotton ball, put it atop your nail, and smush a foil-piece around it to hold it on. Do the same for the rest. Wait like three minutes, take the foil off, smush your cotton-ball around a little on your nail, and the glitter comes off more easily. I got that from Vintage or Tacky on youtube. Also (edit) My measurements/approxmations are paraphrased off the top of my head. The video's still there though, I just don't have a cooperative connection to go get it, then post it.
  14. fascination

had to say, I did notice a marked uptickin panicked self-absorption at the grocery store yesterday...I was trying to tell myself that it was just post holiday burnout of people and seasonal affect, but I do think some of it is this weird notiion that the upcoming weather isgoing to reduce us all to shut-ins for MONTHS...sigh
  15. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Snowed in, dinner plans yesterday and first dance class of 2014 all cancelled.
  16. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Yeaah I know, but that requires having foil fingers for three whole minutes!
  17. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

that's a whine????
  18. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Yes
  19. Hedwaite

Sometimes, it's just easier to say "Yes. We're a bunch of boring snobs" than try to explain to barroom dancers the merits and differences of ballroom dancers. If all it takes to amuse you is half-off amaretto sours and Cupid Shuffle, more power to you.
  20. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Left purse at bf's place :( won't be able to get it back until tomorrow evening.