Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. stash

stash Well-Known Member

My typically mean stand-offish cat seems to be buttering me up around his food dish... I know what you are doing cat... You want more greenies, you already had like 5... and I know dad gave them to you.. You can't fool me. Fatty...

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I hate it when, out of consideration I text someone about something important that pertains to them (multiple times over a few days) and I can't get the basic courtesy of an acknowlegement....it says "don't give a damn" to me...and makes me wonder why I even bother...I get not responding to unconsequential stuff

3. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

That really is a bother. One simple text could keep from wasting both parties' time, and it does say "You aren't a priority" when they can stay right on their toes for everyone else. Although, if you go ahead and make the decision, they inevitably have something critical to offer unsolicitedly about it later.

4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

New Australian competition system is super confusing. In the first event of the year, the lowest available competition level has 4 dances (up from 1 or 2) and harder dances such as tango and foxtrot (as opposed to quickstep and waltz)

Also the pro am dance fee is paid to the competition, not the pro? Weird.

5. fascination

well...I pay a rate per heat to the comp and to the pro...

6. Lioness

Pro am is a pretty new thing over here. We usually just pay a flat entry fee to the comp and have done with it.

Whine...been feeling unwell for the past few hours, which has now extended to a headache and feeling faint. 3 hours of work to go.

7. fascination

sorry to hear that

8. stash

stash Well-Known Member

boss asked me to close a doc at 11am today so that she could work on it. I did so... Figuring she was done with it 2hrs at 1pm later I reopened it cuz I at least needed to view the account numbers of the new accounts I got... I get an email from her saying she needs it... I closed it again and checked the modified date... She never opened it after I had closed it the first time... GAH!! How am I suppose to get work done? Well I'm too efficiant anywho, if I get all the accounts reconciled this week I will barely have anything else to do for the rest of the month.

9. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Grocery stores that have never heard of kale. I get not hearing of or carrying kombucha in the midwest... but KALE??? The only thing in the organic section is apples and celery and carrots. And what is with making a nice pretty "Natural Selections" display at the front to greet you, but when you look it is still filled with potato chips and soda... all in a pretty green and white "healthy" labeled box.

I don't understand FOOD stores out here. They have no FOOD! They have lots of cardboard boxes filled with dried and preservative laden crap... and lots of soda... the soda isle is immense. As for juice? Well there is more "juice cocktail" to be found than anything else, and nothing that is 100% juice.

My husband refuses to take me to the grocery store anymore.

j_alexandra likes this.
  10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

you need one of these at home :D
    [​IMG]

11. fascination

welcome back to the midwest

12. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

update on hamstring injury. Complete proximal tear of the tendon that connects one of the hamstring muscles to the pelvic bone with approximately 2 cm of distal retraction. Surgery Tuesday then six weeks on one of those knee scooter things. I am soooo bummed.

13. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Now THIS is what the pot growers in here Colorado need. With it being legal now they apparently can't keep the stuff in stock.

Larinda McRaven likes this.
  14. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

holy basil!!
    what...is...that...growing...thing?

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Feed me, Seymour!

j_alexandra likes this.
  16. fascination

holy smoke...

17. Lioness

Dude who comes into the shop to play keno arrived just as my food came out of the oven. He's been here half an hour and I'm getting hungry!

18. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

:D Company link is in the photo URL. Didn't want to promote it shamelessly. They have free-standing growth units for decorative and edible plants. Actually my boss is trying to form a collaboration with this group, which is how I became aware of them.

19. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

It never fails that as soon as I get my food all warmed up and I sit down to eat, the phone rings.

20. fascination

I know that you are of the generation that has difficulty grasping this but, you DON'T have to answer it :)

Joe and nikkitta like this.