Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Cal

Cal Active Member

County plow hit the mailbox...again.
  2. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

The boss glares at me if I don't!
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

in the middle of your lunch?.....ridiculous
  4. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Is it frustrating for you when you're trying to unwrinkle something in something you're choreographing, and someone walks up and starts unsolicitedly trying to help you? I appreciate the kindness of the gesture, but the immature, selfish diva-brat in me wants to grab all the crayons, swat them away like a fly, and say "get out of my headspace, I GOT this" whether or not I actually do (I inevitably do, it just takes a minute longer). I just feel like if I let them get their mitts into it and start mucking around, then it's no longer my junk, it's theirs.
  5. fascination

for me...and only for myself, but I offer it in case it might benefit...I have learned that if people WANT to think you are a "BEE", they will...so you might as well just nicely say, "that's so kind but I really prefer to puzzle through this on my own, it's good for me, but thanks so much"....if they want to get their ego bent out of joint, Godspeed...but if you just stuff the frustration, you really have only yourself to blame...IMO.....
  6. Hedwaite

The "If I don't get through this myself, then every time I hit a wall, I'll need someone to bail me out" point is exactly the one I try to make. Maybe they think I'm agonizing over it or something, but I really like a challenge like that, so I'll try that approach. If it doesn't work, then I'll go with "Plan B".
  7. fascination

:).....sometimes it just has to happen...some people respond to a tap, others need a can of whoopass...it's really up to them...I always TRY the former
  8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Took me 2 hours to make a 50 minute bike ride, uphill. I had to walk almost half the time.

My legs are sore, my butt is sore, and I think my ego is the worst of all.

But hey...only up from here, right?

(And next time I move house it will not be to somewhere at the top of a huge hill!)
  9. Lioness

But, gotta share. We have some beautiful scenery.

image.jpg
  10. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I work 10 hour shifts with NO dinner break. We all eat at our desks, and if the phone rings, or the radio goes off while we are eating, work takes priority. I can't even count the number of cold meals I've consumed over the last 12 years.

As for personal calls....I don't take them at work (except in an emergency), and screen all my calls at home.
  11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Hey, you got to ride downhill when you started! Pay me now, or pay me later!
  12. Hedwaite

How hard is it to answer with a simple ETA? I can't stand people who can't take the ten seconds required to type "Be there at X:XX" from their "soooo hectic" schedules. Simple little things like courtesy and respect seem to be so lost on so many people. Of course, these are the same jerks you have to tell "we're leaving at 3:30" when you're really leaving at 4, just so they don't hold everyone up.
    nikkitta likes this.
  13. Hedwaite

BUMP (two, three, four, five, s-)BUMP

Yep, I've been thrown under the bus today.
  14. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

If a recipe ever calls for you to toast spices IT'S A TRAP!
    Lioness, dancelvr and Sania like this.
  15. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Can't sleep because worried about upcoming surgery to repair hamstring. Weird set of emotions. Obviously frustration that I hurt myself this badly and will require so much recovery time. Impatience that I can't have surgery THIS MINUTE so the recovery process can just get started/over with. Fear at the pain that's going to be involved. But, oddly, I think a little grief, too. Not sure about what - my former invincibility? Strange.
  16. fascination

hug.....it is a helpless feeling...good for you for looking at it....sorry about the lack of sleep though
  17. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Walked to work today in the freezing rain to see a subject who canceled 15 minutes before her visit. Seriously? I scheduled my whole day around that:mad::vamp:
  18. Lioness

I really want to cut my hair super short again, but I also want to do pretty dance hairstyles.

Don't know what to do :-/
  19. Lioness

And last complaint for the night...

Worked at a different store...had no fewer than 5 customers exclaim "oh wow! A female!"

I get that they're trying to be nice...but female is an adjective. I am a woman, or a female cashier. I am not a female. That word just grates on me because of the objectifying context it's often used in. Also, I shouldn't be enough of a big deal that you need to comment on it to my face. That leaves me in a position of "yeah...so I am...what do you want me to say now??"

Also some super bigoted customers. "you know if they pay people more, prices will just keep rising"...obviously from someone who's never been poor, complaining to someone who until just recently was making under minimum wage. Nope. And then I ask if you want your receipt, and your answer is "only if I'm in Mexico". A simple "no thanks" would've done quite well there.

Ugh.
  20. Lioness

Decision made. Gonna cut all my hair off and then grab a cheap wig for dance hair.
    Larinda McRaven likes this.